Which Division Sends 3 Teams to the Playoffs?

footbull3196

Which division sends 3 teams to the playoffs?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which division sends 3 teams to the playoffs?

Hard to pick any division in the NFC. The North has 4 teams you could feasibly see making the playoffs, same with the South. The East has 3 (sorry Washington). The West has 3 (sorry Arizona). I just can't see both wild cards coming from the same division this year.

In the AFC the best chance has to be the West or honestly the South. I really have no clue what the Texans, Titans, and Colts are going to look like this year. If Luck is 100% I can;t see them not splitting the division games. I don't love the Titans but don't know what new coaching will do. 

26 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

It's 2018 and the best team in your division is the Jaguars, it's gotten worse bud. 

You mean the same Jaguars who made the AFC title game and had a top 5 D to go with a top 10 O? 

If you're thinking the Jags aren't a good team, you're really not paying attention.

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You mean the same Jaguars who made the AFC title game and had a top 5 D to go with a top 10 O? 

If you're thinking the Jags aren't a good team, you're really not paying attention.

I'm thinking the Jaguars are a one year wonder until proven otherwise and will come back to earth, either the TItans or Texans will overtake them next year depending on the health/coaching of those teams. Plus they still have the worst QB/Coach duo in the division IMO, Watson has a ton of upside and Mariota should play well with a new coaching staff that wasn't stuck in the 70's. 

How many times have we seen team with elite defense and a terrible QB who put together one solid season fall apart at this point? Anyway back to the main point of the thread, Jaguars are going to fall back to earth, Titans should either be medicore or take off depending on Mariota, Texans are a big ? depending on Watson/Watt and the Colts are the worst team in the NFL without Luck at QB who looks likely to miss this season as well.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

9_9

Just because the Jaguars finally got a competent coaching staff doesn't mean we overperformed. We went 10-6...I don't think it's crazy to expect that or possibly even better this year. Making the AFC championship may have been a little crazy but the competition besides Pittsburgh and New England wasn't crazy. 

I guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm thinking the Jaguars are a one year wonder until proven otherwise and will come back to earth, either the TItans or Texans will overtake them next year depending on the health/coaching of those teams. Plus they still have the worst QB/Coach duo in the division IMO, Watson has a ton of upside and Mariota should play well with a new coaching staff that wasn't stuck in the 70's. 

How many times have we seen team with elite defense and a terrible QB who put together one solid season fall apart at this point? Anyway back to the main point of the thread, Jaguars are going to fall back to earth, Titans should either be medicore or take off depending on Mariota, Texans are a big ? depending on Watson/Watt and the Colts are the worst team in the NFL without Luck at QB who looks likely to miss this season as well.

Usually that defensive drop is predicated by something - injuries to a key player, DC leaving, etc. Jags went out and really fortified their team, bringing in Norwell, ASJ, drafting Taven Bryan. We get that Bortles isn't a special QB, so the Jags went out and built a team to mitigate against the QB not playing well vs trying to replace the QB. They're playing the long game. 

Texans and Titans are questions, but they look pretty darn good on paper right now - and they get a pretty solid slate of games this season to compete with. The Colts are the Coltsz, but if Luck does manage to start, they're suddenly in the conversation, too.

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

It's 2018 and the best team in your division is the Jaguars, it's gotten worse bud. 

The Titans beat the best team in the AFC West in the playoffs, and the Jaguars beat the best team in the North. Both teams did it on the road. Hell, the Jaguars were literally one blown whistle away from the Super Bowl. So I don’t get the point you’re trying to make.

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

So any team that turns the corner is a one year wonder and should be viewed as a team that will fall off a cliff the following year?

Okay...

As for worst coach, are you a Bills fan? Because if you look at what Marrone has done in the NFL so far, it's absolutely ridiculous to not view him as an average the above average coach at the least. He had one of the best seasons Buffalo has had in a decade up until this past year. He took a team loaded with talent that underperformed with an awful HC headed by Gus Bradley and got them to the AFC title game and almost won it IN Foxborough. What more can he do?

Let's not act like the Jaguars came out of no where. Every year they're picked as the team to turn the corner. Every year they "won the off-season". Everyone talks about how much talent they have.

Now we get a competent coach with a good coaching staff and it's like they came out of no where and theyll fall off a cliff? They can't sustain it?

I don't get it. They obviously CAN regress. Things happen. But I'm not sure why that's viewed as the likely outcome. They got better as the season went on and went toe to toe with the Patriots at home in their first year making the playoffs in a decade.

Blake Bortles, who "overpeformed", had an undrafted free agent in Keelan Cole as his #1 Target and a 4th round pick in Dede Westbrook as his #2 Target (who missed half the year), along with a running game that fell off a cliff midseason. I think it's fair to say that the talent around him has improved and not gotten worse....(ARob missed all year so he had no impact, Hurns was out or battled injuries most the year as usual as well).

Archived