USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

1 hour ago, honolulu2786 said:

I had considered Burton also, but with me begrudgingly keeping two TEs coming into the draft i passed.... When we discuss new rule changes next off-season I'd like a TE premium to be discussed/voted on. It would add some spice to an overall boring position. 

Whats a TE premium??:|

2 hours ago, SoS said:

I almost took Burton over Gesicki. Ultimately I went with age and opportunity considering Burton is closer to 30 than 20 and is fighting for targets with ARob, Anthony Miller, Kevin White, Tarik Cohen, Taylor Gabriel, and Adam Shaheen. 

Long way of saying I’m surprised he made it to round 3 as well. 

I'll give you A-Rob, Cohen & maybe even Gabriel. The others however haven't done squat in Chicago (I know Miller's a rook but still).

Everything out of the Bears camp suggests that they're planning on using Burton in the mold of Travis Kelce. If the scuttlebutt turns out to be true, watch out! 

10 hours ago, USMC_PackFan said:

Exactly what I was getting ready to post. This is the most likely route we'll take if we do decide on upping the TE ante. 

I like the idea of upping the ante but i think 1.5 might be a bit much. In the new potential scoring, Jason Witten scored 63-560-5 last year for 180.5 points. That is not a good season really and ranked 9th for TE(which i know is why the increase in points is needed) That would put him 25th compared to WRs on a ppg basis though when he was initially 40th. Thats a pretty big jump

Let me be clear, I'm not leaving over this...

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Can we stop talking about rule changes? I don’t want to see anyone else quit mid draft. ?

I'm ok with talking rule changes for 2019 and beyond, but conidering were a dynasty league, ideaIly I would prefer changes that affect rosters sizes / limits, and scoring would be one to two years out so GM's can plan ahead to make adjustments. So it eliminates a GM to feel the need to quit.

For example: If TE's were going to be scoring 1.5 pts next year and we knew that prior to this years draft, I'm sure Burton wouldn't have lasted this long in this years draft.

Although, OD was the one that wanted a rule change to fix his WR limit problem, didn't get it and then quit. Changing rules mid year is never good!

Happy 4th everyone!!!

Edited by WE-R-Lions