USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Another year, and we're still thinking RB's.....

** indicates player is on the block.

QB Wentz, Rivers**

RB Barkley, Guice, Collins, Blount**, Riddick**, Edmonds

WR Miller, Garcon**, Hogan**, Washington, Sanu**, D Jackson**, Meredith

TE Walker**

D/ST Jacksonville**

K Zuerlein**

20 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

It could be the Diff between a win or a loss any given week.....We all laugh about K's, but we've all lost or won a match by a point or two.

This is why in all but one of my other leagues we have eliminated the kicker position and either added another flex or bench spot. Kicker is such a random position and there really isn’t much fantasy skill involved in kickers so it’s nice not having to worry about them lol 

30 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Another year, and we're still thinking RB's.....

** indicates player is on the block.

QB Wentz, Rivers**

RB Barkley, Guice, Collins, Blount**, Riddick**, Edmonds

WR Miller, Garcon**, Hogan**, Washington, Sanu**, D Jackson**, Meredith

TE Walker**

D/ST Jacksonville**

K Zuerlein**

Much improved team. Good job

19 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

This is why in all but one of my other leagues we have eliminated the kicker position and either added another flex or bench spot. Kicker is such a random position and there really isn’t much fantasy skill involved in kickers so it’s nice not having to worry about them lol 

Skill, Game flow, and your opponent your paying against plays a large part for all positions for each game, for FF scoring, K are no diff. than any other player within the position they play. If K's didn't matter we wouldn't take them in the 5th Rd and a skill player in the 6th. Because we play them, there is some strategy and value there.

32 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I'm sorry that you pick at 6.9 and won't get a good one :)

Meh, I'll swap them out on the regular anyway. Kickers are dumb.

1 hour ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I'm on board with this. We've eliminated them in a few of my leagues as well.

54 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Skill, Game flow, and your opponent your paying against plays a large part for all positions for each game, for FF scoring, K are no diff. than any other player within the position they play. If K's didn't matter we wouldn't take them in the 5th Rd and a skill player in the 6th. Because we play them, there is some strategy and value there.

There is strategy. My particular strategy is to NOT select one and let everyone select one before me. It’s a strategy that has won many championships. 

I'm not advocating to keep the K or drop them next year.

Just putting it into some prospective.

(Based on last years total scoring per player)

In our League we use 84 players to fill our our postilion slots including our flex slot. (QB's excluded)

The 84th player last year (Cameron Bates) scored 143.1 pts

The top 12 K's scored between 180 - 134 pts

If we added another flex or bench spot (based on the next 12 positional players available) they scored between 142.8 - 134 pts (James White)

If every team had an injured player on IR, It would be the next 12 players that scored between 133.8 - 126 pts

As a foot note:

The top 8 K's outscored the best Flex player (Chris Thompson) last year (152.8) Chris was the 73rd best scoring player last year.   

The top 3 K's scored better than the 60th best player did last year.

K's are a Different (bird) and I'm not saying I would draft one earlier than the 5th Rd, but they do have scoring value and add a wrinkle to the draft & for weekly match-ups. 

In the end:

You can't project any given week who or how many TD vs fumbles a player will have, nor how many Field goals a K will make or miss.   

That's what makes FF fun!!! B|

7 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I agree. I mentioned it 1 year and people freaked out. The ONLY reason i want to keep it is because of the competitive advantage i get on draft day when Gostkowski gets drafted like round 11 or bid on for like $3-4 in an auction league

With so many good players still on the Bd, I decided to swing for the fence for next year with RB Jaylen Samuels I think he will see some catches this year, but could be a steal if he's the #1 RB for Pit next year.   

He has decent speed 4.54 good size 225 and can catch the ball very well!

I also get a bonus, as he will get added reps with the starters as long as Bell holds out! B|

Edited by WE-R-Lions

Major Shootout  2018 roster

QB - Derek Carr, Patrick Mahomes

RB - Ezekiel Elliott, Christian McCaffrey, Sony Michel (R), T.J. Yeldon, Jaylen Samuels (R)

WR - Doug Baldwin, Jamison Crowder, Devin Funchess, Allen Hurns, Albert Wilson, Dante Pettis (R)

TE - Travis Kelce, Evan Engram, George Kittle

D/ST - Ravens

K - Harrison Butker

Overall I'm fairly happy with it, hopping a couple WR's not named Baldwin really step it up this year.

WR was my weak spot after taking over the team...and is still a bit soft, I traded my 3rd Rd pk for Crowder & drafted Wilson & Pettis.

I would be open to trading a TE.