USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

23 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I had twins while my wife and I were both professionals without family help. I cut back on fantasy a little...and I accepted that I probably wouldn’t be quite as good. I got a good friend of mine to be a comanager...and we’ve stayed on as comanagers ever since. 

Yea, I thought about it but I'm literally in 8 leagues right now. I think cutting back a few wouldn't hurt xD

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Yes, playing in the dome is what I'm afraid of, The Saints are a diff team when they play at home, for whatever reason they just don't seem to travel well.

They played away great early in the season. Then they played the Cowboys (who are a very good defense) in Dallas, lost Armstead, and hit a wall. The last three games were all away, with significant parts of the OL hurt. 

The receiving Corp isn’t very strong but that offense runs through the running game. When the Saints OL is full strength they have a mauling running game which opens up the play action. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol. Yeah...that’s way too many with or without a newborn. I think 4-5 with a co-manager is about the most I could handle with my life circumstances. 

My goal is 4, we'll see how well that goes when next season comes around and people start asking again.

23 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Thanks! You have a great squad...you’ll be a force to contend with for years

Baring injury I hope so, your team is still setting the bar.

My drafted rookies are showing promise: Sony Michel & Dante Pettis

I picked up two FA that really rounded out my team this year: Tyler Boyd & Chris Carson

Patrick Mahomes & George Kettle both out performed my expectations. B|

Edited by WE-R-Lions

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

OK, this is my first off-season in this league, on the ESPN site it show we can make trade offers & pick up FA's?

I PM'd USMC on this but he hasn't responded......does anyone know?

I am almost 100% sure you can't make any FA adds

As far as trades, I think you can make them but the next season might have to be activated first

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I am almost 100% sure you can't make any FA adds

As far as trades, I think you can make them but the next season might have to be activated first

I was thinking the same, We also have one GM opening that needs to be filled.

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...I’m really hoping that the league doesn’t turn into a year around thing. I typically am looking forward to a break by season’s end. 

I think trading is fine though, you don't have to deal but messing with free agents year-round gets crazy, I like the downtime for that

22 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...I’m really hoping that the league doesn’t turn into a year around thing. I typically am looking forward to a break by season’s end. 

I wasn't looking to make a change to the league rules, I was just looking for clarification as at the moment, the site allows trading & FA pick-ups.

• 4 weeks later...