USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Serious inquiry. Do we still maintain rules against blatant tanking / inactivity? 

I’m seeing one team starting Josh Gordon and an empty slot, with several playable options on the bench. 

I may be losing every week but at least I’m #5 in points scored..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Serious inquiry. Do we still maintain rules against blatant tanking / inactivity? 

I’m seeing one team starting Josh Gordon and an empty slot, with several playable options on the bench. 

Yeah, that sucks when people do that.  What do we do?

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

@Lionized this is going to be your only warning. Tanking is strictly forbidden in this league. If it happens again, you will lose your team and we will take over ownership. 

I will be making stat adjustments. 

I was just looking for that rule we established for tanking.

I think it would be a good idea if we started a new thread next year so we can keep all the rules in the first post of the thread allowing us to find them & update it as needed.

Show Me Your TD @Sllim Pickens also has a K on a bye in his line-up. but still has time to pick-up Chi K before tonight game.

31 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

As a foot note:

I had 10 players either on a Bye, listed as Out, or on IR this week & was still able to fill a full roster.

It was ugly.....not sure what I would have done if I had 11 players out???

There are of course exceptions. I found out Irv Smith was out after Robert Tonyans game had started. I could drop Irv for a startable TE, but I’ve wrapped up the W and would prefer to hold Irv.

41 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

As a foot note:

I had 10 players either on a Bye, listed as Out, or on IR this week & was still able to fill a full roster.

It was ugly.....not sure what I would have done if I had 11 players out???

There's a pretty clear difference between not being able to fill out your roster because of injury/byes, and someone purposely putting in inferior (suspended or injured) players over better players. That's where I draw the line. 

It's a tough year this year with injuries and what not. If someone is trying to win and not just trying to purposely lose to either help an opponent or their next year's draft position, then I think that we can be reasonable.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

There's a pretty clear difference between not being able to fill out your roster because of injury/byes, and someone purposely putting in inferior (suspended or injured) players over better players. That's where I draw the line. 

It's a tough year this year with injuries and what not. If someone is trying to win and not just trying to purposely lose to either help an opponent or their next year's draft position, then I think that we can be reasonable.

I totally agree with that.

I dont remember any teams specifically for this league but I feel like I check almost regularly to see if some squirrely stuff is going on. I was the worst team in the league last year, still dont have a good team but im setting lineups and winning games even though tanking would benefit me greatly. I really hope an anti-tanking protocol is established and upheld

42 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

You put a suspended Josh Gordon into your lineup over a healthy and active Michael Pittman. I don’t know if it was an accident or on purpose...but it doesn’t look good. Please ensure it doesn’t happen anymore. 

I can assure you it was not an intention of tanking. I’m not here to lose. I’m sure it was an honest mistake due to covid and IR. Regardless I’m more than happy to receive the W, rather it was by 30 or 40+ points over my opponent. 

21 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I can assure you it was not an intention of tanking. I’m not here to lose. I’m sure it was an honest mistake due to covid and IR. Regardless I’m more than happy to receive the W, rather it was by 30 or 40+ points over my opponent. 

The point here is a team can still win the match but total Pt's scored for the year are reduced & that could affect the draft slot for the following years draft (if teams have the same record). That's why it's considered tanking, & points are adjusted accordingly.

I think it's a good lesson learned by all!

8 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

The point here is a team can still win the match but total Pt's scored for the year are reduced & that could affect the draft slot for the following years draft (if teams have the same record). That's why it's considered tanking, & points are adjusted accordingly.

I think it's a good lesson learned by all!

Okay, I understand. I apologize for this mistake. I’ll do my best to make sure this doesn’t happen again. I just ask that I not get removed by the league. I am not trying to tank period.