USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Brutal weak by SoS. Had something similar in a different league 

Ya, I caught a break. Overall at the end of the day I scored better than I thought I would considering how my team started, but if his players would have scored their average he would have beat me.

WARNING

Waivers/FA will soon be ending. ESPN typically closes waivers/free agency after the championship game. So if you want to make any last minute pick-ups...now is the time. As a reminder, the consolation bracket does not affect next year's draft position. It's just for fun.

We have traditionally allowed trading between seasons. But they will still be under league review, as always. But just be aware that most people, including commissioners, take a break between seasons. If you need to reach myself, you can contact me at j4pac@aol.com. Address it in a way that I know it isn't junk mail.

At some point in the next month I'll open a new thread with all of the important details we need to know carrying over into the next season...draft order, trades, rules, etc.

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

WARNING

Waivers/FA will soon be ending. ESPN typically closes waivers/free agency after the championship game. So if you want to make any last minute pick-ups...now is the time. As a reminder, the consolation bracket does not affect next year's draft position. It's just for fun.

We have traditionally allowed trading between seasons. But they will still be under league review, as always. But just be aware that most people, including commissioners, take a break between seasons. If you need to reach myself, you can contact me at j4pac@aol.com. Address it in a way that I know it isn't junk mail.

At some point in the next month I'll open a new thread with all of the important details we need to know carrying over into the next season...draft order, trades, rules, etc.

How do you and @WE-R-Lions feel about teams out of the playoffs dropping D/ST and K to add extra players elsewhere? I feel like most leagues are usually okay with it since lineups no longer matter but figured I would check before doing so. 

2 minutes ago, winitall said:

How do you and @WE-R-Lions feel about teams out of the playoffs dropping D/ST and K to add extra players elsewhere? I feel like most leagues are usually okay with it since lineups no longer matter but figured I would check before doing so. 

I don't believe position minimums have been enforced in the past (other than during the draft). Do whatever you feel is in the best interest of your team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Good Game @SaveOurSonics, you have a good team I thought you had me! Looking forward to playing your next year!

Back at ya. Team is still young and I’ll look to add some fun pieces next year on top of it. 

I’ll throw this out there for offseason consideration. This league has a ton of Flex spots and virtually every steam has 2-3 starting QBs on their roster + another good crop of candidates entering the league via NFL draft next year. I think it’s time for us to consider adding another QB or simply change one of the Flex spots to a Superflex. 

On 12/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Back at ya. Team is still young and I’ll look to add some fun pieces next year on top of it. 

I’ll throw this out there for offseason consideration. This league has a ton of Flex spots and virtually every steam has 2-3 starting QBs on their roster + another good crop of candidates entering the league via NFL draft next year. I think it’s time for us to consider adding another QB or simply change one of the Flex spots to a Superflex. 

I’m not going to say no...but I think that we’d need more than one year to adapt that type of change. If we were going to move toward a SuperFlex league...I’d probably want at least one year warning.