USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

5 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I have LM Powers in this league, although I am not the commissioner. Pending a vote, I have no problem going back and editing lineups to start the "consensus best start" player for teams who have started injured or bye week players. There needs to be consequences for teams that have failed to make an effort to maintain a full roster and starting lineup.

I would not be opposed. 

The tricky thing here is that the owners that we are having issues with are slanting more towards not being in the league next year than being in it, so there is a difficult aspect in punishing the offending owners over the offending teams. It’s going to be hard to attract new owners if the teams they are picking up are sanctioned

21 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The tricky thing here is that the owners that we are having issues with are slanting more towards not being in the league next year than being in it, so there is a difficult aspect in punishing the offending owners over the offending teams. It’s going to be hard to attract new owners if the teams they are picking up are sanctioned

If that happens to be the case then whatever adjustment that needs done to the scores, while keeping the winners and losers of the games the same, and wherever the "points for" drops them in to the draft order. Right? Or do you guys see a flaw with that?

32 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Yeah...I don’t think that the gaining teams should benefit from a previous owners tanking. The teams that are legitimately the worst, should pick first. Otherwise, it’s going to encourage tankIng. 

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Well....is there a "here's the penalty unless its a new owner" rule or is a penalty a penalty? At this point we don't know who will be returning and who won't unless the owner in question has already determined that they won't be back next season.

I'd really like @USMC_PackFan to weigh in on this....has anyone PMed him?

I’m fine with the sanctions going away if a new owner takes over 

I do agree that there is no benefit to trying late when you know you’re out of it. I’ve screwed myself out of alot of higher picks in Gnats league winning late in years before

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m fine with the sanctions going away if a new owner takes over 

I do agree that there is no benefit to trying late when you know you’re out of it. I’ve screwed myself out of alot of higher picks in Gnats league winning late in years before

The benefit is being able to stay in the league...or at least that should be the benefit. 

23 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The benefit is being able to stay in the league...or at least that should be the benefit. 

I have no problem with tanking, as long as you are starting guys who are seeing reps on game day, I don't care if you sit Julio Jones and Antonio Brown on your bench to start Kendall Wright or Marquise Goodwin or Phillip Dorsett. What I have a problem with is starting guys who are guaranteed to score zero points. I don't care if you are trying to lose, you at least have to be playing to give your team a chance to pull out a surprise win.

As for fixing this league, I wholeheartedly believe that scores should be changed for injured/bye/inactive players. Now, I am not saying if someone started Antonio Brown during his bye while having Jordy Nelson (3 points) and Rashard Higgins (22 points) on their bench should have Higgins put into their lineup for that week. What I am saying is to go back and put the common sense player into the lineup (in this example, Nelson). If a result of a match is changed as a result, so be it. Now, in the event we encounter a situation where a bye week player is started with two guys like Julio Jones and Antonio Brown on the bench, in that scenario, the lower scoring player would be substituted into the lineup.

This is not about punishing teams. It is about making the season look like it should had every team been active. Once we do that, we can talk about penalties for offending players (if any decide they still want to participate next season).

Tagging you all so you get a notification of this post.

@Its A Sabotage
@Oregon Ducks
@SoS
@sammymvpknight 
@Canadian_Patriot
@chisoxguy7
@The Gnat
@Sllim Pickens
@JaguarCrazy2832
@honolulu2786
@USMC_PackFan

@Hockey5djh