USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I definitely considered taking him a few picks earlier. Never thought he’d last to my next one. I think he has some sneaky potential even if Kamara stays healthy 

I have him penciled in at 190 pt for the year, I'll take that this late in the draft.

Hoping to find a gem at 4.11 :ph34r:

Edited by WE-R-Lions

8 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I have him penciled in at 190 pt for the year, I'll take that this late in the draft.

Hoping to find a gem at 4.11 :ph34r:

I think 190 is aggressive but still a steal in round 3 given all the keepers. I know he isn't a rookie and we tend to drool over them but he is ready to produce now

25 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think 190 is aggressive but still a steal in round 3 given all the keepers. I know he isn't a rookie and we tend to drool over them but he is ready to produce now

Your correct, that would be his ceiling, Mark Ingram scored 142.5 pt's in 12-games last year, if he played 16 games he could have scored 190 pt's, using his average pts per game.

Goedert was my #1 target of the non-rookies because I felt he had the best chance to become a top 3 player at his position. He looked pretty phenomenal last year...like a young Kelce...and supposedly he has taken a significant step forward this offseason. I also have Ertz and Njoku, but you can’t pass on his type of talent.

Getting him in the fourth is pretty amazing. 

10 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Goedert was my #1 target of the non-rookies because I felt he had the best chance to become a top 3 player at his position. He looked pretty phenomenal last year...like a young Kelce...and supposedly he has taken a significant step forward this offseason. I also have Ertz and Njoku, but you can’t pass on his type of talent.

Getting him in the fourth is pretty amazing. 

Can't argue about his talent, but his ceiling is blocked by Ertz and Ertz won't be a free agent until 2022.

49 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

True, but Ertz has a lot of cream too, that's a big hurdle to jump, and he's only 28 (in his prime).

Don't get me wrong I do like Goedert, just not the landscape he's in. 

Brings up a good question about football history. Have there ever been pro bowl talents that never made the pro bowl because of a really good player in front of them? If Goedert is as good as I think he is, I don’t think that he’ll be a #2 TE for long. Either he or Ertz will find his way out of Philadelphia. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Brings up a good question about football history. Have there ever been pro bowl talents that never made the pro bowl because of a really good player in front of them? If Goedert is as good as I think he is, I don’t think that he’ll be a #2 TE for long. Either he or Ertz will find his way out of Philadelphia. 

I'm thinking Gronk/Hernandez could be a good comp. If they stay together? but one could be traded.

3 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

True, but Ertz has a lot of cream too, that's a big hurdle to jump, and he's only 28 (in his prime).

Don't get me wrong I do like Goedert, just not the landscape he's in. 

I’m with you. Love Goedert’s talent but he’s a year or two away from being a keeper-worthy asset IMO. Philly is also loaded at WR this year so I don’t necessarily see this being his breakout campaign. 

With that said, perfectly fine flier in the 4th round especially if you own Ertz. 

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I’m with you. Love Goedert’s talent but he’s a year or two away from being a keeper-worthy asset IMO. Philly is also loaded at WR this year so I don’t necessarily see this being his breakout campaign. 

With that said, perfectly fine flier in the 4th round especially if you own Ertz. 

If you’re sitting on an elite talent in a dynasty league, can you afford to let someone else get them? Especially if the cost is 4th rounder in a 12-player keeper league. It will be painful to have a roster spot go to someone who may not produce and my team is pretty loaded so I might need to get creative to keep him. But I’d rather be a year too early than a year too late.