USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

30 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Timing is everything. Good pick @WE-R-Lions. I don’t think he’ll stay clean...but at the price, why not?

Thanks! I could use some WR help too, timing plays a roll when drafting at times. We will see if he stay's clean, but the NFL seams to be easing the rules with the grass,....time will tell... 

• Like 1

Draft:

(1) Kyler Murray

Going into the draft, I was targeting Darrell Henderson (who had my 4th highest grade  at the RB position in the last three seasons...for those wondering, Barkley, McCaffrey, Fournette, and Henderson). I was a pick away from pulling it off, but it didn’t quite work out. At that point I decided to stay back and see what happens. When my pick came around, I was torn between Murray, Harris, and Hill. I was confident that all three would be gone by 2.12. I'm in an interesting position in that my team is very strong with solid keeper options for the foreseeable future. That definitely affects the way that I draft because I know going in that it will be hard to keep ANY of my draft picks. I don't need any of my picks to contribute right away, but unfortunately I don't have time to see how players develop because it is difficult to keep players that haven't shown the ability to be great right away. So I went with Kyler Murray for a few reasons. First, I needed a backup QB behind Mayfield. Second, I felt out of the three options that he would be the guy who would be able to consistently get on the field enough for me to know whether or not he will be great going into year 2. He had my third highest QB grade in the past three seasons (for those that are wondering...Mahomes, Mayfield, then Murray). Though, I definitely would have preferred a RB in regard to need...I felt Murray was the right pick.

(2) Damien Harris - trade up (cost my next years 3rd)

I was sitting back at 2.12 and without a need at WR, I was very concerned about my ability to get a decent RB at that spot. Hill got selected early in round 2, so at that point I knew that I was down to Harris as the only guy I had a high grade at the RB position the rest of the way. I was considering trading up earlier in the round but I didn't want to give up my 2nd rounder next year. Eventually he fell far enough that I was able to trade next year's 3rd to snag him. As a fall back plan, I was considering Justin Jackson, but he ended up getting drafted before 2.12 as well. Definitely a good trade in my book. 

(3) None

(4) None

(5a) Dallas Goedert - trade up (cost next years 4th)

Those who are on this forum enough know that I love Goedert. I honestly think that he is the most talented WR in the league under the age of 27. I see him as a difference making TE when he gets his chance. Already having Ertz and Njoku, I had no hesitation in trading up for Goedert because I believe that he could be the next Gronk/Kelce type of TE. He fell far enough to only spend next year's 4th on a trade-up. 

(5b) Will Lutz

I wanted to get a top 5 kicker that has a late bye week and a decent opening season schedule. Check.

(6a) Preston Williams

This is another pick that falls in line with my draft philosophy to draft players who have the ability to be elite players in the game and hopefully have them be able to show something by the end of year 1. I had Williams as my #4 WR this year because I felt that his upside and opportunity were incredible. There is an outside of chance that he could be the #1 WR for his team by the end of year 1...quite frankly, he's the only rookie WR that has the argument, in my opinion. I'd say that there is a better chance that he flames out and I end up releasing him by midseason...but I love the potential and value here.

(6b) Eagles DEF

QB- Mayfield, Murray

RB- Kamara, D Williams, A Jones, Ingram, D Harris

WR- J Jones, M Thomas, T Hill, B Cooks, D Moore, P Williams

TE- Ertz, Njoku, Goedert

K- Lutz

DEF- Eagles

Major Shotout - Drafted players

1.11 - Donte Moncrief / WR / Steelers

2.11 Justin Jackson / RB / Chargers

3.11 Latavius Murray / RB / Saints

4.11 Ravens D/ST

5.11 Ka'imi Fairbairn / K / Texans

6.11 Josh Gordon / WB / Patriots

Roster

QB - P Mahomes

RB - C McCaffrey, E Elliott, C Carson, S Michel, J Jackson, L Murray

WR - D Pettis, T Boyd, D Moncrief, R Anderson, M Valdes-Scantling, J Gordon, D Hamilton

TE - T Kelce, G Kittle

Def - Ravens

K - Ka'imi Fairbairn

QB, RB, & TE are my strongest positions 

Wr's are mostly all solid #2's but will give me #1 numbers throughout the year

• Like 1

2nd year in a row Sammy took the rookie QB I wanted right before I could get there. 

I actually had Parris Campbell ranked ahead of DK but decided to go with the local kid for the fun of it. Excited to walk away with OJ Howard as my TE of the future. It’s been a rough position for me over the years. 

The fall of D’Onta Foreman since I made that trade can be characterized as nothing short of hilarious. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

2nd year in a row Sammy took the rookie QB I wanted right before I could get there. 

I actually had Parris Campbell ranked ahead of DK but decided to go with the local kid for the fun of it. Excited to walk away with OJ Howard as my TE of the future. It’s been a rough position for me over the years. 

The fall of D’Onta Foreman since I made that trade can be characterized as nothing short of hilarious. 

Coutee was a great pick. I really wanted to keep him

I'm okay with my draft. I didn't have a 1st round pick (the previous owner traded it) but I think I did okay, which I had picked up another RB or TE.

2.5: Marquise "Hollywood" Brown

3.5: Nyheim Hines

4.5: Diontae Johnson

5.5: Jalen Hurd

QB - Newton, Jackson

RB - Johnson, Lindsey, Breida, McKinnon, Hines

WRFitzgerald, Robinson, Landry, Williams, Ridley, Brown, Johnson, Hurd

TE - Olsen

D/ST - Vikings

K - Elliot

WR looks really strong with some potential boom guys. RB looks thin with injury concerns. TE is not very deep. QB looks fine, hope Jackson booms.

• Like 1

My squad after trades + draft:

QB: Winston / Prescott 

RB: Mixon / Kerryon / Freeman / Coleman / Foreman 

WR: Hilton / Allen / Kupp / Samuel / Coutee / Metcalf / Tre’Quan

TE: Howard / Waller 

D/ST: Bears 

K: Myers 

I expect to make the playoffs with this roster. I have Winston and Dak rated higher than Russ this year so happy with where my QB spot ended up. Deep with talent at RB and WR with plenty of young names (excited to see what Samuel does this year). Suddenly love my TEs and have the best defense in fantasy.