USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

***Trade Alert***

My Luck’s Run Out has agreed to a trade with The Blackshirts.

The Blackshirts receives:

Austin Ekeler, Courtland Sutton, and MLRO’s 2020 1st round pick 

My Luck’s Run Out receives:

AJ Green, Chris Thompson, Matt Ryan, and The Blackshirts 2020 1st round pick.

@winitall please confirm.

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

***Trade Alert***

My Luck’s Run Out has agreed to a trade with The Blackshirts.

The Blackshirts receives:

Austin Ekeler, Courtland Sutton, and MLRO’s 2020 1st round pick 

My Luck’s Run Out receives:

AJ Green, Chris Thompson, Matt Ryan, and The Blackshirts 2020 1st round pick.

@winitall please confirm.

I confirm. 

@USMC_PackFan @WE-R-Lions @winitall @Sllim Pickens @Oregon Ducks @SaveOurSonics @Bigbear72 @JaguarCrazy2832 @The Gnat @WizardHawk @chisoxguy7 @Lionized

Good morning everyone. I hope that this message finds you safe. 

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on an appropriate timeline for the upcoming fantasy season. I think that the ideal situation is that USMC returns and resumes his position as commissioner. But were we are in June, and he still has not been present for about half a year. I hope that he is safe. But it is probably smart to make some contingencies if USMC does NOT return. 

@WE-R-Lions and I are willing to co-commish the league while USMC is away. Certainly, we could just disband the league, but that would be unfortunate because it is a good league. 

With the estimated start of the season being early September, I think that we should start the draft no later than August 1. That would allow the league the time allotted to finish the draft and not interfere too much with other drafts, which are typically held 1-2 weeks before the NFL season. So if we are shooting for that draft start date, then I think that we need to have keepers locked two weeks before that point and time (July 18). I think that we should have the teams locked two weeks before that point (July 11). But I USMC doesn't show, that creates a void of one extra team that will need to be filled. 

Here are the teams that are accounted for:
@sammymvpknight

@WE-R-Lions

@winitall

@Sllim Pickens

@Bigbear72

@Oregon Ducks

@JaguarCrazy2832

@SaveOurSonics

Here are the teams that are unaccounted for:
@The Gnat

@USMC_PackFan

Queue

1. @chisoxguy7 - 2019 team; not returning

2. @WizardHawk - 2019 team; not returning

3. @Lionized - expressed interested for 2020

So based on my count, we have 9 to 11 teams set to play in 2020, including Lionized (depending on whether Gnat and USMC play). So unless chisox or wizardhawk change their mind...we will need to recruit at least one more additional manager. We will need some time to recruit...ideally, 3 weeks. So, I propose the following deadlines:

June 27.
- A mirrored league will be created, and @WE-R-Lions and @sammymvpknight will assume commissioner duties. 
- @Lionized will become a league manager
- We will begin to advertise openings for the league. I believe that @The Gnat will play as he has responded to a message about a trade about a month ago, but it will give us time to confirm that @The Gnat is playing. But at that time, our goal will be to fill manager seats so if we are unable to get replies from either @USMC_PackFan or @The Gnat, they could lose their position if the spot gets filled.

July 20.
- Managers locked  

July 25.
- Keepers due by 11:59PM/ET (2359 for military folks). At that point, all unkept players will be eligible to be drafted. We will try our best to get the players appropriately loaded quickly to allow managers to know who is available.
- Will keep same settings as last year. 12 keepers per team. Same positions/roster spots/position restrictions/points as last year.

August 1.
- Will begin round 1 of the draft. 

Please let me know if you think that any modification should be made. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

Thanks @sammymvpknight for putting that together. It all looks great except we might want to move up when we create the draft order?  Since it looks like multiple teams may be available it might be nice to have a draft order by June 27 so that @Lionized has a better idea which team he wants to pick and it might make it easier to recruit new members if we know which picks they have. 

Just now, winitall said:

Thanks @sammymvpknight for putting that together. It all looks great except we might want to move up when we create the draft order?  Since it looks like multiple teams may be available it might be nice to have a draft order by June 27 so that @Lionized has a better idea which team he wants to pick and it might make it easier to recruit new members if we know which picks they have. 

That's a good point. @WE-R-Lions and I will look into it. 

3 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I also think No trading should be allowed until we have all of the teams filled & the draft picks/order are established.

I agree...I mean, how can I even judge the trading of first round picks without knowing the slotting of those picks? I'd be ok if trades happen, but they will pending review from the league office (LOL). 

5 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Well @winitall and I have already completed a trade.  What do we do about that?

The trade is frozen, as in either team cannot back out of the trade at this point, since it has been agreed upon. But it needs to be reviewed. Only after review will the trade be final. 

Most trades will be allowed to pass through, but I do think that there has to be some process in place to ensure that cheating doesn't occur. That's the way trades have been processed in the past. I just want to ensure that this doesn't become a free-for-all without a commissioner. We will step in and do our best while USMC is gone. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Well @winitall and I have already completed a trade.  What do we do about that?

I'd say at the minimum it's on hold, & will need to be re-posted when things open. Maybe you both could get better offers from the new GMs?  

Edited by WE-R-Lions

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The trade is frozen, as in either team cannot back out of the trade at this point, since it has been agreed upon. But it needs to be reviewed. Only after review will the trade be final. 

Most trades will be allowed to pass through, but I do think that there has to be some process in place to ensure that cheating doesn't occur. That's the way trades have been processed in the past.

I'm good with this I was posting at the same time...On Hold/Frozen all the same. :)

3 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I'd say at the minimum it's on hold, & will need to be re-posted when things open. Maybe you both could get better offers from the new GMs?  

I don't like to idea of that because now the trade has been exposed.  It's easy for someone else to come in and say "oh well, I can beat that with this."  It doesn't make it fair for the people who were initially involved in the trade.  

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

I don't like to idea of that because now the trade has been exposed.  It's easy for someone else to come in and say "oh well, I can beat that with this."  It doesn't make it fair for the people who were initially involved in the trade.  

Were all good if it the trade holds up.

12 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Trades are always reviewable. What league have you been apart of where trades aren't reviewable?

I'd say that the chances of the trade going through is about 99%. It's going to be exceptionally rare for a trade to be declined (it has to be pretty obvious that teams are cheating or one of the teams are giving up.) I've commished a different league for over 15 years, and you'd be surprised how many times I've seen blatant tanking or attempts for teams to form super-teams. There has to be a mechanism in place to prevent that from happening for the well-being of the league.

Edited by sammymvpknight