USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

5 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Can we stack draft picks or do they have to be traded on a one for one basis?

I’m not sure exactly what you mean...every team has to have 6 draft picks...if that makes sense. If you give me a theoretical example it might be easier to answer. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m not sure exactly what you mean...every team has to have 6 draft picks...if that makes sense. If you give me a theoretical example it might be easier to answer. 

I think he's asking if we can trade 2 pks for 1 pk?

If so, that would No, we all need to have a total of 18 players on our rosters after the draft is completed.

After the keeper deadline you can trade a player for a draft pick.

Pretty much following Phreaks Dynasty rules?

Prior to the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player trades (2 for 1) or (3 for 2) etc. All teams must have 12 players at the keeper deadline, or have a max of 18+IR players on their rosters along with 6 draft picks prior to the keeper deadline. (The team getting the extra player(s) may need to adjust/drop players if needed to stay within the team roster limit. (Remember you have to keep 12 players at the keeper deadline)
Current year draft picks & The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

After the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player & current year draft picks in a trade (1-player for 1-pick) or (1-player & 1-pick for 2-picks) etc. but both teams need to have a total of 18 (players + picks) on their rosters prior and during the draft.
The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

Future draft picks
Draft picks can be traded one year prior, but everyone must have 6 draft picks total.

Those rules seem pretty consistent with what we’d seen here. Essentially every team can have up to 12 keepers, but having fewer doesn’t give you additional picks. You can trade players for picks or picks for picks after the keeper declaration date. The bottom line is that teams cannot exceed maximums (for either position or total roster size) by the end of the draft. This is usually done by trade your last pick to make the difference. 

For example.

Team A trades player A, B, and C

for Team B pick D

By default Team A would get the last two draft picks of Team B (typically the 5th and 6th rounders)

Edited by sammymvpknight

2 hours ago, Lionized said:

Pretty much following Phreaks Dynasty rules?

Prior to the keeper deadlinePhreaks
Teams can make multiple player trades (2 for 1) or (3 for 2) etc. All teams must have 12 players at the keeper deadline, or have a max of 18+IR players on their rosters along with 6 draft picks prior to the keeper deadline. (The team getting the extra player(s) may need to adjust/drop players if needed to stay within the team roster limit. (Remember you have to keep 12 players at the keeper deadline)
Current year draft picks & The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

After the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player & current year draft picks in a trade (1-player for 1-pick) or (1-player & 1-pick for 2-picks) etc. but both teams need to have a total of 18 (players + picks) on their rosters prior and during the draft.
The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

Future draft picks
Draft picks can be traded one year prior, but everyone must have 6 draft picks total.

USMC was my #2 LM in the Phreak league so there are similarities to some of the rules, scoring, & starting roster lineups but not totally the same.

Moving forward I'm sure we will tweek things as @sammymvpknight, my self, and the rest of the GM's in the league feel we need/want to change, but this year were trying to keep it the same as last year considering the spot were in with USMC A-wall & the Covid-19 going on.

In a nut shell this would apply to this league aswell.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

@HVAC_RAIDER @WE-R-Lions @SaveOurSonics @Bigbear72 @deathstar @EaglesPeteC @Sllim Pickens @JaguarCrazy2832 @Lionized @Oregon Ducks @winitall

I've updated the recent trade between HVAC and SoS on pg. 86 of this thread, and also the draft thread. 

I've dropped all of your non-keepers and they should now be available in the available/waiver pool.

So...I think that we are going to get started with the draft. Because the date was initially set for August 1 and I haven't heard from everyone about moving up, we aren't going to enforce the time limit until August 1. But try to keep appropriate draft etiquette by getting your pick in within a reasonable time if you know that the draft is going on. 

@Bigbear72 you're now OTC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

@HVAC_RAIDER @WE-R-Lions @SaveOurSonics @Bigbear72 @deathstar @EaglesPeteC @Sllim Pickens @JaguarCrazy2832 @Lionized @Oregon Ducks @winitall

I've updated the recent trade between HVAC and SoS on pg. 86 of this thread, and also the draft thread. 

I've dropped all of your non-keepers and they should now be available in the available/waiver pool.

So...I think that we are going to get started with the draft. Because the date was initially set for August 1 and I haven't heard from everyone about moving up, we aren't going to enforce the time limit until August 1. But try to keep appropriate draft etiquette by getting your pick in within a reasonable time if you know that the draft is going on. 

@Bigbear72 you're now OTC

@sammymvpknight I'm working on a couple of moves here but I should have something done one way or another by the end of the day.  Also @HVAC_RAIDER @WE-R-Lions @SaveOurSonics  @deathstar @EaglesPeteC @Sllim Pickens @JaguarCrazy2832 @Lionized @Oregon Ducks @winitall I am open to trading pick 1.2 for the right price.