Toronto Raptors Fire HC Dwane Casey

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I would go after Coach Bud pronto

I honestly think Ujiri will just think the team lacks toughness and will hire Stackhouse who is no nonsense type of guy. And he is basically an in-house hire since he was the assistant coach under Casey and then later the G-league HC for the Raptors affiliate. 

If not him, then Bud/Messina both make sense. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I honestly think Ujiri will just think the team lacks toughness and will hire Stackhouse who is no nonsense type of guy. And he is basically an in-house hire since he was the assistant coach under Casey and then later the G-league HC for the Raptors affiliate. 

If not him, then Bud/Messina both make sense. 

That’s exactly how I see it as well. It’ll be Stack or Nick Nurse but who should it be Bud is the only other name I’m hearing right now. 

I’m actually really surprised at the timing. I legitimately thought they were gonna wait this out and let it drag. 

Honestly like say Boston is swept then they could have said see LeBron is still LeBron he needed the Indy series to get it going and we’ll keep Casey. 

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Dumb decision. Not shocked though. 

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

A rebuilding team like Detroit should chase Casey. He did a fantastic job in Toronto 

Casey is a good coach don’t get me wrong and if he wants to jump right back into coaching he should have no issues getting a job and a team like Detroit would make a lot of sense on both ends imo. 

However this was probably the correct move. The culture change and the amazing string of 50+ win seasons and regular season success can only get you so much pull. The way he handled this postseason was beyond atrocious. Just the fact we got swept again and the way he handled in game decisions and adjustments has really not improved at all. 

“There’s a huge gap I think we closed between the first 4-0 and the second 4-0,” Casey said. “That 4-0 is very, I think, deceiving. You had two games by what, one point and two points. So the gap is closing.”

That was an actual quote from his presser the other day. Take that in for a minute. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Casey is a good coach don’t get me wrong and if he wants to jump right back into coaching he should have no issues getting a job and a team like Detroit would make a lot of sense on both ends imo. 

However this was probably the correct move. The culture change and the amazing string of 50+ win seasons and regular season success can only get you so much pull. The way he handled this postseason was beyond atrocious. Just the fact we got swept again and the way he handled in game decisions and adjustments has really not improved at all. 

“There’s a huge gap I think we closed between the first 4-0 and the second 4-0,” Casey said. “That 4-0 is very, I think, deceiving. You had two games by what, one point and two points. So the gap is closing.”

That was an actual quote from his presser the other day. Take that in for a minute. 

I don't think it's a terrible decision, but I think a team looking for a culture change and a good coach should hire him. And that quote is brutal, but I see where it's coming from. Toronto should have won game 1 and the series probably would have been a little different. Less embarrassing. Maybe get one more win. And that first L is on the players. 

Archived