Jump to content
RSkinGM

So,,, It Begins .. AGAIN. We Are Cursed .

Recommended Posts

Wow. That really sucks. I hope Welsh isn’t retiring because of his depression issues and if he is, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Definitely Shawn Lauvao and Ryan Kalis time.  I like Kalis and I liked him at Michigan, I hope he takes a big step in his development from last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wow. That really sucks. I hope Welsh isn’t retiring because of his depression issues and if he is, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Definitely Shawn Lauvao and Ryan Kalis time.  I like Kalis and I liked him at Michigan, I hope he takes a big step in his development from last year.

What?  I have zero confidence in Lauveao- he moves like Herman Munster 

giphy.gif

Better use that 3rd next year and get a quality starter before camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing like checking the ol forum right before bed. If I curse in Italian does it still get deleted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

What?  I have zero confidence in Lauveao- he moves like Herman Munster 

giphy.gif

Better use that 3rd next year and get a quality starter before camp. 

Chris Thompson scores his 2nd touchdown of the day vs. LA Rams

https://youtu.be/DxPEt8Jj8g0 via @YouTube

Remember when Lauvao was healthy and he blocked two Rams on one play as Chris Thompson ran for a TD. 

I’m not trying to say Lauvao is a great guard here, but he’s certainly a serviceable player and we could do worse than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Chris Thompson scores his 2nd touchdown of the day vs. LA Rams

https://youtu.be/DxPEt8Jj8g0 via @YouTube

Remember when Lauvao was healthy and he blocked two Rams on one play as Chris Thompson ran for a TD. 

I’m not trying to say Lauvao is a great guard here, but he’s certainly a serviceable player and we could do worse than him.

Lauvao is horrible. Sure we could do worse but that’s not acceptable excuse when we’ve had this bum starting for us for five years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Nothing like checking the ol forum right before bed. If I curse in Italian does it still get deleted?

You’d just give me flashbacks of my grandpa and grandma lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Lauvao is horrible. Sure we could do worse but that’s not acceptable excuse when we’ve had this bum starting for us for five years. 

That’s an exaggeration 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s an exaggeration 

No it’s not. He sucks. He’s sucked from the moment we stupidly overpaid him to come here and Browns fans laughed at us about it. He should’ve been cut after his first year here but instead we refused to admit it was a terrible signing and left him in the role for four years and now here he is again. Good teams replace bad players. Good teams don’t keep them around, let alone as starters for half a decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No it’s not. He sucks. He’s sucked from the moment we stupidly overpaid him to come here and Browns fans laughed at us about it. He should’ve been cut after his first year here but instead we refused to admit it was a terrible signing and left him in the role for four years and now here he is again. Good teams replace bad players. Good teams don’t keep them around, let alone as starters for half a decade. 

Well hopefully Nsekhe steps up and takes his spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

skins should use their 3rd and trade for a LG. i think they are expected to gain a 3rd next year anyways. this could be a blessing because it is gonna force the skins to take action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remarkable that LG is our weakest position and we immediately lost two guards on one day. That’s one of those “only us” type things, for sure. I guess the silver lining is that if you gotta take a hit to your depth at a position, it may as well be one where all your players are pretty poor and you don’t really rotate guys — much easier to replace the expected contributions of depth like Welsh and Kouandjio than Lanier/McGee or Anderson/McPhee, for example. 

I really don’t like any of the traditional guards still out there in FA. At least not any more than I do Lauvao. I think we need more run blocking than pass blocking from that spot — with Trent being his usual beast self to the left and Roullier looking like a good pass protector but uninspiring run blocker to the right, I think I’d prefer to err on the side of a mauler at LG. Especially if we’re going to look to commit to the run with Guice on board now. 

Updating my surveillance of the Niners OG situation, they went ahead and cut Zane Beadles — who is an option I guess, but was my last choice of their guys by a pretty wide margin. That seems to take the possibility of a trade for Garnett off the table, for now at least.

With that said, I wonder if there’s an OT who they’d consider kicking inside to compete at LG. A guy like Greg Robinson would really intrigue me, he had the potential to be so incredibly dominant coming out of Auburn, you have to wonder if Callahan could unlock that. Byron Bell would be another, the guy clearly can’t play OT at the NFL level, but he’s always been a good run blocker who might be able to handle the LG spot and plow some holes. And I don’t know that Derek Newton will ever be able to come back from that god awful injury, but he was an elite run blocker for a TACKLE at one point, so I think he’d be able to hold his own there if he could get back to something resembling his old self.

But the reality is it will probably be Lauvao. With Nsekhe getting plenty of LG reps in case Lauvao flops. Not ideal, for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×