So,,, It Begins .. AGAIN. We Are Cursed .

RSkinGM

11 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Frankly, I am befuddled at how the Redskins could avoid addressing the LG position when it clearly was the most important upgrade needed behind NT and RB. 

Yeah, I can’t explain it either; especially when it comes to free agency. With the draft I understand it. Payne and Guice were the right choices and I know Christian has a lot of talent to eventually be a starter but to me the smarter choice in round 3 would have been Mason Cole, the C/G from Michigan.

If we had taken Cole, I’d be predicting him to be our starting LG right now because he’s a solid interior OL.

38 minutes ago, mike23md said:

There was not much in the OG talent pool. That is why I was elated we had grabbed Sean Welsh. 

True, but Mason Cole was definitely worth the pick in round 3. He went to the Cardinals, it wouldn’t shock me if he’s a starter for them this year.

https://mgoblue.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1375

• Three-time All-Big Ten honoree (second team, coaches and media - 2016-17; honorable mention - 2015)

• All-Big Ten selection by the Associated Press (second team offense)

• Made 51 consecutive starts along the offensive line, started all 13 games at center in 2016 before moving back to left tackle in 2017, where he has started all 14 games

• Made 25 straight games at left tackle prior to position switch to center in 2016

Talk about a versatile OL. He would have been a solid choice in round 3.

Archived