Why are you here? (10,000th post)

ReggieCamp

I've been posting here off and on for about 12 years.  Moderated for a while.  Was never a 30+ post per day kinda guy.  I always read more than I post.  But somehow, I have 10,000 posts on an Internet forum.  And you are reading post #10,000.

Use this topic to post what brought you here, why you stay here, and maybe why you spend way too much time in here.

I'll go first. I love football.  But more than football, I love my Browns.  My dad instilled it in me at a young age.  I have instilled it into my son (who is now finishing his freshman year in college, for those who have known me for a while).  Anyway, I always liked that this forum wasn't a complete dumpster fire like most others.  I know we joke about the mods, but the standard that is set here by Webby and others makes it a much better place to be imo.

I came here because @NateDawg introduced me to this site. I love the Browns (I blame my late father), Tribe, and the Cavs (not as much as the Browns and Tribe) and love discussing as such. This forum is the best on the entire site, hands down. The ability to discuss, debate, and humor usage is second to none. The posters here are the best, as are/have been the mods. I used to post elsewhere, and this place is an obvious best. I left during late college/just after but made my inevitable return when I was able to come back and post more regularly. 

Madden 1999. Me and my bro would take the worst team (guess who) to the Super Bowl. Somehow this dumpster fire became our team. 

We tried other but it didn’t work. 

Started here in 2006. I love the perspectives of clevelanders and Browns fans that own the team more than Jimmy ever will. Also love what people have to offer from a football perspective. A lot dudes would do a better job watching football than a lot of analysts.

I came here 12 and a half years ago to talk football when I was bored.  Most of the dudes were chill and many are sharper than your typical PD commenter, which I enjoy.

Nowadays I’m here a lot more as my job allows me to post while working, so I post a lot more than I once did.

Also, after chatting with many of the same dudes daily for over a decade, there’s sort of an expectation to show up.  At least in my mind.  Right @Estonianzulu?

I am a football junkie so much so that I have let it effect my live in a negative way too often. I have compared it to a drug habit at times. Just like drug users I do it because of the exceptionally great feeling it gives me and I give no regard to how it effects anyone else in my life or any of my responsibilities.

I love football and honestly really have no other interest. I am not into Hunting. We camp as a family in the summer and that about the only time I fish. I don't do the bar thing and drinking with buddies. I don't farm. I have football on the mind 24 hours a day and no real hobbies outside of football. I couldn't tell you more than 5 names on the Indian's roster. Hell after the trades I probably couldn't tell you 5 names on the Cavs roster. I don't watch other sports at all. I watch college football and love it as a whole much more than the NFL but the Buckeye's have always been a very distance second love of mine to the Browns.

I played football since 4th grade. I tried to walk on at a D3 school but had to take classes at a community college first because I let my football life interfere with my academics too much and had a 1.98 GPA with acceptance being cut off at 2.0 GPA. In that time frame taking those classes I was in bad car accident essentially taking football away from me as a player.

I walked into the office of D2 school in my hometown and talked my way into being a volunteer and learning the game from the coaching staff since I was unable to absorb the same information as a player. Within 2 years I was a scout and had fun doing it for awhile but I decided I wanted to coach so I made the the choice to leave to volunteer coach for a high school and have since worked my way up the ladder being OC last season then then interviewed for HC in January finishing #2 but the school hired #1 under the conditions that he kept me around and even before that he had already made it clear that he wanted me to stay so now I am looking forward to my first year as DC which is my more natural fit. I also run the strength and conditional program and get involved with many other extra stuff with the players and parents trying to build a team atmosphere and it sometimes hurts the family life.

Back when I first arrived on this site when it was really just starting I obviously didn't have near the responsibilities so I posted far more oft en. Now with getting so deeply involved with my job as a coach and still watching the Buckeyes and Browns it leaves me next to no time to post on here. Never the less I love the forum and talking draft prospect as much as I did when I first started. Come June my visits on here will be very scarce and come late August I probably won't be herd from again until December.

I am 100% football through and through and that is why I am here and despite my recent efforts to stay way why I will probably never leave.

I stalked the forum for like a year before I actually joined, when I did it was to post a mock for the 2007 draft. Pretty sure I was on board with Joe, Calvin, or AP, but I gave us AP in that draft. (Forgive me Joe.)

I joined because I didn't just want to talk about whether or not the Browns stunk. They did, end of discussion. I wanted to talk about traits, individual players, systems, etc. 

24 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I stalked the forum for like a year before I actually joined, when I did it was to post a mock for the 2007 draft. Pretty sure I was on board with Joe, Calvin, or AP, but I gave us AP in that draft. (Forgive me Joe.)

I joined because I didn't just want to talk about whether or not the Browns stunk. They did, end of discussion. I wanted to talk about traits, individual players, systems, etc. 

That '07 draft man...changed my life forever. Sucked me into football way beyond my interest before. I cried when Calvin went #2. CRIED!!

This forum really cultivated my passion for this team.

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

100% certain no one here who was around back then doubts this.

Most intense man crush I’ve seen in all my days.  Tip of the cap sir.

At least the man crush turned out to be a eventual hall of fame wr so double tip of the cap there

imagine if it was for like.  Mike Williams the other lions wr

I was doing random searches for Browns news due to living in Japan and not finding a lot when I happened upon the forum. I stalked it for a few year before joining. Cannot recall the actual post I just had to respond to which got me to actually join (and too lazy to go to the old site and try to look it up). I am sure however that is was a a post similar to the ones that keep me around still - the constant dysfunctional personal interactions among the Browns forum posters here that make it better than a daytime soap opera drama :)  oh, and the occasion Browns snippet. 

I came here to rub it in everyone's faces how much smarter I am than them. I douchebaggingly smirk at any post that's not my own. I look down on all of you as my inferiors and use your lack of knowledge as sustenance. 

Plus I love the Browns and the draft. I spend more time on evaluating NFL prospects than I do doing just about anything else. Sad, but true. Every year I spend easily 50+ hours on game tape alone. Then another 100+ hours watching CFB on the weekends.

just joshin' everybody! I love all of you guys on the forum. Except @KingOfTheDot. I don't love him. Or @Breesus mode. We don't get along.

Archived