Your Personal Draft

FGK

Since, I kind of originated the thought for this thread I figured I should put my draft in here. I had two separate drafts one if I was drafting as the Browns currently stand and one in which I act as GM of the Browns year to year, which I started I believe two years ago. My Browns draft was:

1. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma - I thought he was the best QB in the draft by a large stretch and think he has the attitude and work ethic to be our franchise QB.

4. Bradley Chubb, DE N.C. St. - Recreate the NYG NASCAR defense with Garrett, Ogbah, and Chubb all rushing at once.

33. Connor Williams, OT Texas - I had him as the highest rated OT with the potential of being a very good LT. Injury was the only concern, but I think he regains his athleticism once recovered.

35. Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa - He doesn't entirely fit our system of press man coverage, but I think he will be a very good corner and might be able to play press man if he gets physical with WRs.

67. Royce Freeman, RB Oregon - Reminds me a bit of Arian Foster with better catching abilities.

105. Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan - Now imagine Garrett, Chubb, Ogbah, and Hurst all rushing at once, say goodnight QBs.

150. Tyrell Crosby, OT Oregon - I'm not sure why he fell so far, but he is a very solid tackle.

175. Will Clapp, C LSU - Clapp was so consistent and solid at LSU, he only fell because he lacks elite athleticism, but I think he could be a great Center.

188. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR Notre Dame - Size and athleticism make this a low risk high reward pick.

My GM draft went slightly different as I am building my team with a base two TE set for offense and I have an incredible group of CBs, and I also didn't do one of the trades the Browns did which preserved an additional 6th rounder, so it went like this:

1. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma

4. Bradley Chubb, DE N.C. St.

33. Connor Williams, OT Texas

35. Harold Landry, DE/OLB Boston College

67. Mark Andrews, TE Oklahoma

105. Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan

150. Tyrell Crosby, OT Oregon

175. Will Clapp, C LSU

188. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR Notre Dame

Extra 6th: Jordan Maialata, OT - Rugby Player

• 2 weeks later...

This will serve as the litmus test of my incredible scouting prowess9_9:D

Preface: two of my picks are pass rushers being converted to OLBs, so don't crucify me. Remember, pass rush is Paramount, second only to QB play.

I'm not gonna get into the minutia of the trades; use your imagination.

1-a Baker Mayfield

1-b Bradley Chubb

2-a Harold Landry (SLB in mold of Peter Boulware)

2-b Courtland Sutton

2-c Isaiah Oliver (trade up from 65)

2-d Derrius Guice (trade a future 2nd)

5-a Ogbonnia Okoronkwo (WLB)

5-b Jamarco Jones

6- Equanimeous St. Brown

3 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

This will serve as the litmus test of my incredible scouting prowess9_9:D

Preface: two of my picks are pass rushers being converted to OLBs, so don't crucify me. Remember, pass rush is Paramount, second only to QB play.

I'm not gonna get into the minutia of the trades; use your imagination.

This was essentially what I did with my GM draft. I have a defense of:

LE: Bradley Chubb

DT: Emmanuel Ogbah

DT: Danny Shelton/Maurice Hurst

RE: Myles Garrett

SLB: Jamie Collins

ILB: Christian Kirksey

WLB: Harold Landry

CB: E.J. Gaines

SS: Eric Reid (I would swipe him up in FA on the cheap since no one seems interested)

FS: Obi Melifonwu

Slot CB: Desmond King

CB: Travis Carrie/Jason McCourty

I would often rush Landry and/or Collins stacked over the top of their respective DE very similar to the Chargers with Bosa and Ingram. I would run a hybrid with a lot of wide 9 4-3 looks interchanged with big nickle sets were I have Reid playing an in the box safety and King and Melifonwu serving as back end safeties who could come down into man coverage if desired. I have some decent depth on the d-line and secondary, but don't list it here.

2 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

This was essentially what I did with my GM draft. I have a defense of:

LE: Bradley Chubb

DT: Emmanuel Ogbah

DT: Danny Shelton/Maurice Hurst

RE: Myles Garrett

SLB: Jamie Collins

ILB: Christian Kirksey

WLB: Harold Landry

CB: E.J. Gaines

SS: Eric Reid (I would swipe him up in FA on the cheap since no one seems interested)

FS: Obi Melifonwu

Slot CB: Desmond King

CB: Travis Carrie/Jason McCourty

I would often rush Landry and/or Collins stacked over the top of their respective DE very similar to the Chargers with Bosa and Ingram. I would run a hybrid with a lot of wide 9 4-3 looks interchanged with big nickle sets were I have Reid playing an in the box safety and King and Melifonwu serving as back end safeties who could come down into man coverage if desired. I have some decent depth on the d-line and secondary, but don't list it here.

The possibilities are limitless with this array of pass rush types, speed and power, sizes, and quality rushers.

We could rush 5 and it be '85 Bears-esque. 

Okoronkwo - Garrett - Ogbah - Chubb - Landry

I wasnt mad at the draft that Dorsey had.....but if I was at the Wheel of the draft.

1rst Baker Mayfield (it was down to him and Darnold for me..I literally don’t know who it would have been)

1rst-Bradley Chubb- Best DE on the board….I just faced a similar situation on madden….never enough DE’s

2nd Courtland Sutton Wr

2nd Darius Guice RB LSU

2nd Malik Jefferson LB Tex

4th Maurice Hurst DT

5th JC. Jackson CB Maryland (My Risky Pick)

6th Parry Nickerson CB Tulane

6th E.Q. St Brown WR- I started pimping him as a 2nd round pick in mock draft before most people knew who this kid was.

Would have traded next years 6th to get another 7th this year and took

UDFA- Kamyron Pettway FB AUB

Damon Harrison LT WGA (we actually got this kid lol)

7th Ritchie James Wr

QB TT/Old Vet/Baker

RB- Guice/Hyde/the Duke

FB- Vitali or Pettway (Training Camp Winner)

WR's- Flash Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Sutton/St. Brown/James

TE- Njoku/S.Devall/Blocking TE we brought in.

OT- Coleman/Harrison

OG Bintoio

C-Tretter

OG-Zeitler

RT Hubbard

DE Garret/Chubb/Nassib

NT Ogunjobi/Coley

DT Brantley/Hurst

DE Ogbah/Chubb/Nassib

OLB Kirksy/Burgess

MLB Jo Scho/M.Jefferson

OLB Collins/M.Jefferson

CB Boddy-Callhoun/Howard Wilson/TJ Carrie/EJ Gains/Jackson/Nickerson

FS Randell/Mitchell

SS Peppers/Kindred

• 2 weeks later...

Situations like this are hard because you don’t know who’s going to be available when you pick next on draft day, but after the fact you have the benefit of hindsight.

Im sure many may have passed on Ward he KNEW that Jackson would be there at 35 or whatever (Or Chubb with Landry).  It’s just hard to remove hindsight from the situation imo.

id go with the players they took cause they know way more about football and the players themselves than i do 
plus i love nick chubbs last name
and we finally took a good buckeye so the buckeye fans can shut up
and i think we got the best qb

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

id go with the players they took cause they know way more about football and the players themselves than i do 

Meh, I’d trust my judgement over the last half dozen schmucks that have been in charge of the Browns roster (except Lord Sashi obviously).

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I mean, it’s not like we were clamoring for Kent State bros, there are stud Buckeyes all over the league but for whatever reason we just refused to draft them it seemed.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Meh, I’d trust my judgement over the last half dozen schmucks that have been in charge of the Browns roster (except Lord Sashi obviously).

I mean, it’s not like we were clamoring for Kent State bros, there are stud Buckeyes all over the league but for whatever reason we just refused to draft them it seemed.

Your avatar of Lord Sashi is straight up unsettling. 

26 minutes ago, mistakey said:

plus i love nick chubbs last name
and i think we got the best qb

I'm a pretty happy dude after this draft. Baker, obviously, but I also have been a Nick Chubb fan for a few years and prefer the ring of Nick Chubb to Bradley Chubb. It's as simple as 

anigif_sub-buzz-9452-1528319114-2.gif?ou

vs

Bradley+Cooper+Bradley+Cooper+Set+Dark+F

Denver can have "Silver Linings" (terrible movie btw).

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm a pretty happy dude after this draft. Baker, obviously, but I also have been a Nick Chubb fan for a few years and prefer the ring of Nick Chubb to Bradley Chubb.

I prefer Nick Chubb but that decision was made for me so there could be some bias. I could see people preferring the opposite it really depends on circumcisions, I mean circumstances, but it doesn't mean there is a wrong answer.

Archived