NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You're right--unless the Bears force one of them out. We'll see. 

Not to change the subject, but saw the Lions highlights a little bit ago, read the stat lines. It WAS a close game this week, against a team I think most of us would probably label as at least "fairly good", but...do the Lions have some problems? Are they not as good as I supposed they were? 

Every year I consider them “meh,” which I suppose is better than how the Bears always end the year as “bad.” However, I thought I read over and over in the offseason that they were going to be more run-oriented in 2018, but when I checked the box score today in the middle of the 4th, Johnson and Blount each only had 8 carries. 

I know the game was 30-13, but it was pretty close for the first half. To not run the ball voluntarily despite paying Blount and using a 2nd round pick on Johnson is inexcusable. We’ve seen year after year that Stafford is a 7, 8 or 9 win QB, and that’s not bad considering the putrid run games he’s had. But now they have capable RB’s, so I’m not sure why they’re leaving it all up to Stafford again.

I’ll give Patricia another year or two to get some of “his guys” on that defense, but it’s a troubling start at least.

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

You're right--unless the Bears force one of them out. We'll see. 

Not to change the subject, but saw the Lions highlights a little bit ago, read the stat lines. It WAS a close game this week, against a team I think most of us would probably label as at least "fairly good", but...do the Lions have some problems? Are they not as good as I supposed they were? 

The 9ers are not "fairly good" It was 2 really bad teams.  Detroit is one of the 4 teams that look to be in the running for #1 overall.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Vikings sign Dan Bailey and waive Daniel Carlson. Nice use of a 5th round pick, Minnesota!

Did ANYONE actually think that kick was going to be good?  A) It's the Vikings so man oh man are they ******* PRO at losing games on bad kicks B) The previous missed kicks C) the look on that poor bastards face before he went up to kick

On 9/17/2018 at 8:50 AM, HuskieBear said:

you know what would be cool? a gameday thread

I'm curious why this site does gameday threads but not chat rooms, another site I'm on goes here and it is a blast. I don't know if I'm allowed to share the link here but if you're interested shoot me a PM and I'll send you the link.

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm curious why this site does gameday threads but not chat rooms, another site I'm on goes here and it is a blast. I don't know if I'm allowed to share the link here but if you're interested shoot me a PM and I'll send you the link.

Couldn't one of us simply make a Chat Room thread, though? 

Archived