NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, Nads786 said:

Jets is a must win game.

Yep, and that terrifies me. We've been really good at snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory lately. Bowels is a damned good defensive mind and I think he's going to blitz the **** out of us.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yep, and that terrifies me. We've been really good at snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory lately. Bowels is a damned good defensive mind and I think he's going to blitz the **** out of us.

They blitz like hell regardless, and I'm sure it's going to be amplified this weekend.

FWIW, the Jets are:

21st against the pass
14th against the run
20th in sacks
2nd in INT's for

Trumaine Johnson had a quad injury last week and didn't play.
Marcus Maye (thumb) won't play this week. Quincy Enunwa (ankle) probably won't either.
Buster Skrine missed practice all week last week (concussion) and didn't play vs MIN.
Isaiah Crowell was on the injury report last week and then only had 11 carries.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They blitz like hell regardless, and I'm sure it's going to be amplified this weekend.

FWIW, the Jets are:

21st against the pass
14th against the run
20th in sacks
2nd in INT's for

Trumaine Johnson had a quad injury last week and didn't play.
Marcus Maye (thumb) won't play this week. Quincy Enunwa (ankle) probably won't either.
Buster Skrine missed practice all week last week (concussion) and didn't play vs MIN.
Isaiah Crowell was on the injury report last week and then only had 11 carries.

I'll feel a hell of a lot better about this team if we lay a whooping on these dudes. If Fangio plays soft coverage against a rookie QB I'm going to kill someone. Feels like Lovie's Cover-2 BS all over again.

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I'll feel a hell of a lot better about this team if we lay a whooping on these dudes. If Fangio plays soft coverage against a rookie QB I'm going to kill someone. Feels like Lovie's Cover-2 BS all over again.

Actually, in a lot of ways, it's worse than that. 

I think this week defensive  gameplan will be much different from the one with the Pats.  Although we could have blitzed more, if we lived on blitzing Brady he would have eventually KILLED the defense.  The book on Brady is try to get him with the front four, and blitz him occasionally.  He's seen every defensive front imaginable and has been working in the same offense his entire 20 year career.  I think/hope this week we try to confuse the rookie QB with looks and more blitzes.  If that doesn't happen then we can start grabbing the pitchforks and torches.

41 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

And the Pack lead the Rams 10-0. :S

Pettine is blitzing and generating a ton of pressure on Goff. For not having a ton of talent he is getting it done in spades so far, but I'm betting McVay will adjust.

This is why he was my preferred DC in the offseason. That's not intended as a dig against Fangio, I just love how he schemes around and creates pressure even with less than ideal talent. I love it.

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Pettine is blitzing and generating a ton of pressure on Goff. For not having a ton of talent he is getting it done in spades so far, but I'm betting McVay will adjust.

This is why he was my preferred DC in the offseason. That's not intended as a dig against Fangio, I just love how he schemes around and creates pressure even with less than ideal talent. I love it.

Maybe if the Jets fire Bowles after this year...

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe if the Jets fire Bowles after this year...

I was a huge fan of his work in AZ. Really though I just hope Fangio gets a little more aggressive. I love the consistency factor of players knowing exactly where to be each play, but the 3 rushers and 4 rushers with a ton of time for QBs is just painful for me to watch.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was a huge fan of his work in AZ. Really though I just hope Fangio gets a little more aggressive. I love the consistency factor of players knowing exactly where to be each play, but the 3 rushers and 4 rushers with a ton of time for QBs is just painful for me to watch.

Nagy and Bowles are very close. Bowles tried to hire him to be the OC of the Jets last year but Reid blocked it. I’m just sayin’ :)

10 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I kind of feel bad for the kid as he was trying to make a play BUT the Packers losing because of it is priceless....

I don’t. If he takes a knee, he’s giving Rodgers a timeout and the warning to go 45 yards in 2:05 for a win. You absolutely take a knee there. Smart kid for going to Stanford but the CTE has probably set in.

Archived