NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @danwiederer: Your Buffalo Bills offense in October folks:

-- 42 full possessions

-- 37 total points

-- 2 touchdowns

-- 9 turnovers

If the Bears don't hit Monday at 5-3, something has gone terribly wrong.

Buffalo offense is very bad right now. Like 2017 Bears bad. 

D is actually pretty good. Actually at this moment Bills are the 2017 Bears.

You can rest Mack and Robinson and still win this game absent weird weather or crazy ref calls or freak injuries. 

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You can rest Mack and Robinson and still win this game absent weird weather or crazy ref calls or freak injuries. 

I would put this in game day thread, but it isnt up.  

Fangio this if for you.  Listen. Stop McCoy and they can't do anything.  Don't bring the Mia bend dont break game plan and let these guys hang out in this game. Put them away.

Play 8 man box, short pass, option game, wheels and screens. Make them pass 9+ yards every play.  Get your 3 and outs and your O back on field. If they get lucky on a deep ball or two who cares?  They can't do it consistently. The 3 and outs will make up for any long score and gas the D.  Keep stuffing the short game. Compress the field. Make them go over the top. Play cover 0 at times.

McCoy is a disgruntled guy and wants to be traded AND they resolve O around him. Frustrate him and team will implode.

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I would put this in game day thread, but it isnt up.  

Fangio this if for you.  Listen. Stop McCoy and they can't do anything.  Don't bring the Mia bend dont break game plan and let these guys hang out in this game. Put them away.

Play 8 man box, short pass, option game, wheels and screens. Make them pass 9+ yards every play.  Get your 3 and outs and your O back on field. If they get lucky on a deep ball or two who cares?  They can't do it consistently. The 3 and outs will make up for any long score and gas the D.  Keep stuffing the short game. Compress the field. Make them go over the top. Play cover 0 at times.

McCoy is a disgruntled guy and wants to be traded AND they resolve O around him. Frustrate him and team will implode.

He might get traded. The deadline is Tuesday.

57 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Before last night (I haven't looked today) they were 17th vs the run but 3rd vs the pass.

5 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Lions just got worse .  Tate to Eagles 

Not sure I get this move for the Lions who are 3-4.  Are they already giving up that easily?

Either way I think this only helps other teams in the NFC North in the short term.

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Not sure I get this move for the Lions who are 3-4.  Are they already giving up that easily?

Either way I think this only helps other teams in the NFC North in the short term.

Wow.  NFC North is still up for grabs and they do that.

Like all great teams Rams or KC are one major injury from being beatable.  Plus, this season a ref call or two can majorly change a game from a win to a loss.   A chip and a chair is all you need.  You have your veteran QB 4 years in and you play to win every year until he hits the wall.

Not like they are super young like Bears.  Stupid to throw in towel now.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They weren’t going to win the Super Bowl and Tate is a UFA after the year.

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They weren’t going to win the Super Bowl and Tate is a UFA after the year.

I agree they aren't but I still find it to be a questionable move for them.  Plus technically they could have got back a compensatory pick for him down the line if they chose not to re-sign him in FA.

21 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I agree they aren't but I still find it to be a questionable move for them.  Plus technically they could have got back a compensatory pick for him down the line if they chose not to re-sign him in FA.

Instead of waiting for *maybe* getting one, they got a 3rd round pick for sure.

Archived