NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

Very questionable moves from both the Lions and Packers so far. Which is good news for us.

--Tate has become more expendable with Golladay, Jones, Johnson and Riddick all showing they can make up for his production but I'm not sure how much. Tate's ability to create yards after catch and play every position at a moderate level is something Stafford is going to miss for sure. 

--Packers traded away Montgomery and HHCD. Montgomery I can understand with the emergence of Jones and Williams in the backfield (ofcourse his crucial fumble on Sunday didn't do him any good either). HHCD may not be the best option at safety but he was certainly the Packers best option for sure. 

Been a good day so far.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Very questionable moves from both the Lions and Packers so far. Which is good news for us.

--Tate has become more expendable with Golladay, Jones, Johnson and Riddick all showing they can make up for his production but I'm not sure how much. Tate's ability to create yards after catch and play every position at a moderate level is something Stafford is going to miss for sure. 

--Packers traded away Montgomery and HHCD. Montgomery I can understand with the emergence of Jones and Williams in the backfield (ofcourse his crucial fumble on Sunday didn't do him any good either). HHCD may not be the best option at safety but he was certainly the Packers best option for sure. 

Been a good day so far.

Not questionable. Hate to disagree with ya bud--but they're freakin' insane. And I've been a supporter of Gutekunst's in Green Bay. Those moves just scream surrender. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Packers seem to hate both HHCD and the trade. They didn’t want him, but they didn’t want to get rid of him either. 

PFF has him as one of best safeties. Not buying that. 

He's pretty darn good, though. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Not questionable. Hate to disagree with ya bud--but they're freakin' insane. And I've been a supporter of Gutekunst's in Green Bay. Those moves just scream surrender. 

He's pretty darn good, though. 

Hey, I'm trying to be nice here and that doesn't happen too often B|

I disagree about HHCD. He has been very inconsistent throughout his career. Had a very good rookie outing. 2nd year took a step backwards. 3rd year he was good again. 4th year(last year) was terrible.   

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Hey, I'm trying to be nice here and that doesn't happen too often B|

I disagree about HHCD. He has been very inconsistent throughout his career. Had a very good rookie outing. 2nd year took a step backwards. 3rd year he was good again. 4th year(last year) was terrible.   

Well, we can disagree about the player...but jeez, that all screams surrender to me...

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, we can disagree about the player...but jeez, that all screams surrender to me...

Yeah you don't get rid of a starter mid-season without a better replacement. Word is they're going to try an convert Tramon Williams and that might work but what a gamble. 

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah you don't get rid of a starter mid-season without a better replacement. Word is they're going to try an convert Tramon Williams and that might work but what a gamble. 

I think maybe they might try Jackson there, but I think that would be a serious mistake.  They could really use somebody who takes the ball away right now tho.

If HHCD leaves in FA don't they get a 3rd or 4th round pick?

Likely they plan on signing a bunch of FA's and then won't get the pick.  With trade they get it for sure.  Not exactly sure all the rules there.

Still.  Weakened the team this season,.  If they had a better player you would think he would be starting already unless they were auditioning him for a trade.  But that is far fetched.  You don't get throw away games in early NFL season.   When you have a star QB on a new contract it seems weird to not go for it every year.  

No team aside from Rams amd KC is really head and shoulders above rest and you just played Rams to a standstill at their home stadium.  

Guess they figure Rogers isn't going to hit a wall in next two years.  Age comes for everyone. Still, I wonder if some of these guys are getting away with taking testosterone to lengthen their careers.

I would be in favor of making that legal for guys 35+.

I'd have to think we tell Mack to take the week off again... Buffalo has a historically bad offense and if we pressure them or stop the run with Floyd/Hicks/Goldman/RRH(assuming Nichols doesn't go) then we don't deserve to win.

Archived