NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

# North WLT Div
3 CHI.svgBears 5-3 0-1
6 MIN.svgVikings 5-3-1 1-0-1
10 GB.svgPackers 3-4-1 1-1-1
13 DET.svgLions 3-5 1-1

Vikes are on a bye next week and the Packers play MIA (they should win). If we beat the Lions, the division will look like this.

# North WLT Div
3 CHI.svgBears 6-3 1-1
9 GB.svgPackers 4-4-1 1-1-1
13 DET.svgLions 3-6 1-2

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:
# North WLT Div
3 CHI.svgBears 5-3 0-1
10 GB.svgPackers 3-4-1 1-1-1
13 DET.svgLions 3-5 1-1

Vikes are on a bye next week and the Packers play MIA (they should win). If we beat the Lions, the division will look like this.

# North WLT Div
3 CHI.svgBears 6-3 1-1
9 GB.svgPackers 4-4-1 1-1-1
13 DET.svgLions 3-6 1-2

I almost feel dirty rooting for MIA.

Almost.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I almost feel dirty rooting for MIA.

Almost.

I NEVER have a problem rooting for any Packers opponent. Regardless of any situation.'

Even the rival biased set aside, I would rather play a Vikings team led by Cousins for the division title and/or in the playoffs, if need be, than a Rodgers' led Packers team. All day long.

We match-up pretty well with the Vikes--50/50 split IMO. Their defense is good, which could give us some problems, but they haven't been consistent either. Our defense is no joke and Cousins is not a play maker. Our secondary is good enough to contain his best targets (Thielan and Diggs) and are good enough to put pressure on him to throw errant passes. The rush defense, I have no worries about whatsoever.   

I hate what ifs, but GB and MIA game are huge what ifs. GB okay, MT wasn’t ready. It was so close that something like IF Smith doesn’t hold out they probably win.   MIA game should have been an easy wIn.  I blame Fangio for that one.  I still can’t believe that game plan. If those games were wins it would change divisional picture so much.

MIN is still better team right now IMO. I say this with love; all Bears wins have been against easy opponents and SEA when they weren’t playing well.  BUT they have played better opponents very competitively.   AND they have blown out two of the easy opponents like a good team should. 

I think GB is out, SEA and MIN away is too much.  

For Bears they have to beat Detroit at home.  I would call it a must win in terms of winning division.  

Beginning of game day thread for Buf was kind of ridiculous.  It was so negative.  Incompletion for Bears or completion for Buf was sky was falling. Game was a blow out.  Shows where Bear fans are at right now. Years of losing has made them ready to believe worst at all times.  Some are like that at all times regardless. 

If you go back and look at early comments and offseason everyone just said they wanted a competitive team this year that shows promise for near future.  I would say mission accomplished already.  

Just now, dll2000 said:

I hate what ifs, but GB and MIA game are huge what ifs. GB okay, MT wasn’t ready. It was so close that something like IF Smith doesn’t hold out they probably win.   MIA game should have been an easy wIn.  I blame Fangio for that one.  I still can’t believe that game plan. If those games were wins it would change divisional picture so much.

MIN is still better team right now IMO. I say this with love; all Bears wins have been against easy opponents and SEA when they weren’t playing well.  BUT they have played better opponents very competitively.   AND they have blown out two of the easy opponents like a good team should. 

For Bears they have to beat Detroit at home.  I would call it a must win in terms of winning division.  

Beginning of game day thread for Buf was kind of ridiculous.  It was so negative.  Incompletion for Bears or completion for Buf was sky was falling. Game was a blow out.  Shows where Bear fans are at right now. Years of losing has made them ready to believe worst at all times.  Some are like that at all times regardless. 

If you go back and look at early comments and offseason everyone just said they wanted a competitive team this year that shows promise for near future.  I would say mission accomplished already.  

I couldn't agree more. We just expect the worst from our team. Mack reset expectations and then the 6 TD game reset expectations for Mitch. 

Hey I'm having a blast, we're talking about the Bears winning the division in November.  That's not crazy, it's the product of a careful rebuild and we get to enjoy the payoff for all those losing seasons.  I'm still not sure how good Mitch will be, but he's at least not going to lose you games and there's a lot of development to come.  FFS,  the Buffalo game was practically a parade of Bears players taking the ball away and into the end zone.  

The team is healtyier than many, and the defense is just amazing.  The offense when it clicks is really good and puts up points. Mitch has some good points and is improving on his deficiences.  I think they can make the playoffs and am going to enjoy the ride. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe Seattle didn’t play well against the Bears because they were playing the Bears.

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I just came in here to say this. How the hell did Osweiler put up 31 on the Bears? The guy literally has no clue where the ball is going everytime he throws it.

It was just a bad day for the D that day. Given that they still should have won but were unlucky.

Archived