NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:20 AM, CBears019 said:

Well this thread didn’t age well...

They are often the most overrated team in the league.  The whole "with Rodgers you always have a chance" narrative doesn't hold water when you've had Ted Thompson building your roster for the last 10 years.

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh boy

RT @danwiederer: The Bears list Mitch Trubisky (right shoulder) on today's injury report. They estimate that he would not have practiced today if they had held a practice.

This was bound to happen with his scrambling. This was the result of Smiths hit on Mitch.

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @adamjahns: #Bears QB Mitch Trubisky is listed on the injury report with a right shoulder injury. He got up favoring his shoulder Sunday night after getting hit by Vikings safety Harrison Smith, who was penalized for the hit.

Thanks NFL for making Bears play sun night and then Thurs day. 

But hey reschedule Rams and KC to keep them safe and healthy.  

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Thanks NFL for making Bears play sun night and then Thurs day. 

But hey reschedule Rams and KC to keep them safe and healthy.  

you can't possibly compare the entirety of a field condition for azteca stadium and moving a game from noon to 7? Also, MT10's shoulder being hurt/sore has nothing to do with the time of the game

16 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Unless I’m missing something, Smith got him in the left shoulder, not the right. I just watched the replay. On the Cohen fumble, meanwhile, he dove in and got his right shoulder hit pretty hard so maybe it happened there.

yeah he got hit in the left shoulder, but that drove his right shoulder hard into the ground. When he gets up from the smith hit, you can see he reaches out to be helped up with his left arm and keeps his right close to his body. either way, it's all speculation about when he got banged up. 

It is great to have meaningful games because it makes watching other games more fun and meaningful. It is way better than cheering for draft position.

Vikings

Packers
@Patriots
@Seahawks

Dolphins
@Lions
Bears

Packers

@Vikings
Cardinals
Falcons
@Bears
@Jets 
Lions

1. The Vikings have a brutal schedule compared to the Packers.
2. We need both teams to get to 6 loses, with the tie, that is essentially 7
3. I think this weekend we need to cheer for the Vikings to win, that would put them at 6.5 loses and it would clear them out to a degree.
4. After that the Vikings could take back to back loses, but even a lose at the Patriots would put them at 6.5 loses.

So this weekend, go Vikings.

37 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

you can't possibly compare the entirety of a field condition for azteca stadium and moving a game from noon to 7? Also, MT10's shoulder being hurt/sore has nothing to do with the time of the game

I think you can. The field conditions in Pittsburgh, Chicago and Houston are typically horrible, especially with the former two for 1.5 months every year. Moving a game from 12 to 7 isn't the issue. It's moving the game from 12 to 7 when one of the two teams play 85 hours later. You're also right about the shoulder, but having another 3 days to rest it would be helpful, no?

I don't think there is any sort of agenda, and the two situations can't be related, however I do think it's super ****ty of the NFL to give such a short turnaround, especially flexing into it.

Aside from Monday night, then Sunday night to Thursday MORNING is literally the shortest possible turnaround you can assign. Late in the season like this when people are banged up, it shows a real lack of concern for player safety. Making it happen for a division game raises the stakes for the team.

If it was a day game, at least these guys have a chance to have a little team time, then ice up before getting a night of sleep.  After Sundays game, you have to pick; do you leave early and get into recovery, and then get to bed late, or do you go to bed without the rubdown and wake up feeling like ****?  

There's no arguing this isn't bad for the Bears, and I think it's an easy case to make that the NFL shouldn't do this sort of thing

Now if they win and come out clean on Thursday, then this team gets some battle flags and comes out stronger. If they end up with hurt players or play sloppy... 

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I don't think there is any sort of agenda, and the two situations can't be related, however I do think it's super ****ty of the NFL to give such a short turnaround, especially flexing into it.

Aside from Monday night, then Sunday night to Thursday MORNING is literally the shortest possible turnaround you can assign. Late in the season like this when people are banged up, it shows a real lack of concern for player safety. Making it happen for a division game raises the stakes for the team.

If it was a day game, at least these guys have a chance to have a little team time, then ice up before getting a night of sleep.  After Sundays game, you have to pick; do you leave early and get into recovery, and then get to bed late, or do you go to bed without the rubdown and wake up feeling like ****?  

There's no arguing this isn't bad for the Bears, and I think it's an easy case to make that the NFL shouldn't do this sort of thing

Now if they win and come out clean on Thursday, then this team gets some battle flags and comes out stronger. If they end up with hurt players or play sloppy... 

I've said it all along.  Teams that play Thursday games should be coming off of a bye the week before.  I don't know why the NFL can't make this happen when all they ever do now is preach player safety.

Archived