NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

19 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He has a point. You are playing a 4th place schedule. Wins won't be so easy next season.

He does? His point is all about draft picks and salary cap availability, not the schedule.

The finish in the standings the prior year only differentiates two opponents every year. The Bears played Tampa instead of NO and they play the Giants instead of the Eagles (and boy, how would the Bears have ever competed with the 2018 Eagles?!)

For the record, the Patriots and Eagles each had a top 5 easiest schedule last year, and we all know how difficult it was for them to overcome that in January. Oh wait, Philadelphia clobbered your consistently overrated Vikings by about 32 touchdowns.

Better luck next year.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

He has a point. You are playing a 4th place schedule. Wins won't be so easy next season.

Wins are never easy in the NFL, regardless.  We as Bears fans have come to know that over the past few seasons.

To your point though, the Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, Rams and Saints all finished 1st in their respective divisions in 2017 and have had to play the 1st place schedules this year, and how is that working out for all of them this year?  I'd say pretty darn good so far.

If you are a good team then these things won't really matter.  The fact that both Packers and Vikings fans are being salty as hell when it comes to the Bears success this year is  actually hilarious though. :D

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Wins are never easy in the NFL, regardless.  We as Bears fans have come to know that over the past few seasons.

To your point though, the Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, Rams and Saints all finished 1st in their respective divisions in 2017 and have had to play the 1st place schedules this year, and how is that working out for all of them this year?  I'd say pretty darn good so far.

If you are a good team then these things won't really matter.  The fact that both Packers and Vikings fans are being salty as hell when it comes to the Bears success this year is  actually hilarious though. :D

The Vikings and Packers are run very well from the top to bottom and have done a fantastic job keeping the Bears in 3rd/4th place for a long time. So it's great that you guys are experiencing some success.

46 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

The Vikings and Packers are run very well from the top to bottom and have done a fantastic job keeping the Bears in 3rd/4th place for a long time. So it's great that you guys are experiencing some success.

The Packers aren't well run. They have a great quarterback. Go ask their fans in their forum if they think they are well run.

The Vikings have finished in third once and fourth three times in the last 8 years. Not sure I'd consider half of the last 8 years being terrible as "well run" nor would I consider 0 NFC championships in the last 40 years either, but hey, to each their own.

I can understand a Packers fan acting condescending...but a Vikings fan? Child pleeeeeeeaaaase.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

At least the Bears have one Super Bowl to their name, unlike you know, the Vikings.

Minnesota Vikings ain't got no heart. Ain't NEVER had no heart. EVER.

I hate the Packers but I'll give them their respect as a proud franchise whose success is good for the league.

The VIkings? Puh-leese.  

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I agree the Vikes are well run, I really like the way their front office drafts and Zimmer is a pretty good coach.  I personally wouldn't have given Cousins that much money because I don't he's all that good and it will limit their ability to sign players the next few years, so they had better hope he's the guy, but I have my doubts.

Packers though...meh.  They used to be well ran but you can't say that they didn't get extremely lucky to have two HOF QB's back to back in both Favre and Rodgers. 

Ted Thompson hasn't done a very good job drafting the past few years so I guess the change to the new guy Gutekunst was welcome, but the jury is still out on him. We'll see how it goes.

No denying that Ryan Pace and the Bears have done a great job rebuilding and are now caught up to the rest of the North.  Despite a lack of high draft picks in the next 2 years I don't think this team is going anywhere anytime soon so y'all better get used to it.

37 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I agree the Vikes are well run, I really like the way their front office drafts and Zimmer is a pretty good coach.  I personally wouldn't have given Cousins that much money because I don't he's all that good and it will limit their ability to sign players the next few years, so they had better hope he's the guy, but I have my doubts.

Packers though...meh.  They used to be well ran but you can't say that they didn't get extremely lucky to have two HOF QB's back to back in both Favre and Rodgers. 

Ted Thompson hasn't done a very good job drafting the past few years so I guess the change to the new guy Gutekunst was welcome, but the jury is still out on him. We'll see how it goes.

No denying that Ryan Pace and the Bears have done a great job rebuilding and are now caught up to the rest of the North.  Despite a lack of high draft picks in the next 2 years I don't think this team is going anywhere anytime soon so y'all better get used to it.

Over the next 2 years, the Bears positions of weakness are RB, corner, safety, OT and OG. It’s almost like those aren’t premier positions that are typically found in the mid rounds!

53 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

good for you.

Kirk Cousins was given $84 million guaranteed. #WellRun

You know what's worse. A Bears fan acting condescending.

I'd say the Love Boat scandal was worse... or the whizzinator preposterousness.... or getting spanked by the Giants in the playoffs... or Favre throwing a game-clinching INT in a playoff game.

But I digress :) 

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Over the next 2 years, the Bears positions of weakness are RB, corner, safety, OT and OG. It’s almost like those aren’t premier positions that are typically found in the mid rounds!

Dude, c'mon, you're counting on Pace's record in finding excellent RB, DB and other prospects in the mid rounds of the draft??? 

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

Dude, c'mon, you're counting on Pace's record in finding excellent RB, DB and other prospects in the mid rounds of the draft??? 

Speaking of mid round draft picks, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears ship Howard off this off season for another mid round pick.

Archived