NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

"Great" and Flacco don't belong in the same sentence, even in a sense.  Lol.

Oh I agree lol, but there are some that consider him great because of what he did in one playoff season that led to a Super Bowl victory

37 minutes ago, G08 said:

Oh I agree lol, but there are some that consider him great because of what he did in one playoff season that led to a Super Bowl victory

No doubt. It was a better timed revision of McCowns lucky streak. 

He made a hell of a lot of money off of it too. Lol

9 hours ago, G08 said:

It's not just really 1 season in the playoffs, his playoff numbers overall far exceed his performance in the regular season.  Playoff Flacco is a real thing.

13 hours ago, G08 said:

I don't have anything against Cousins, he just isn't cut from the cloth that I personally like in a QB. That's just me, though. I like the athletic, mobile QBs with big arms. Rodgers, Luck, Carr, Marhomes, etc. Which is not to say that I don't respect the Peyton Mannings or Drew Brees' of the sport.

Cousins is definitely not mobile but he does have a pretty good arm.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's not just really 1 season in the playoffs, his playoff numbers overall far exceed his performance in the regular season.  Playoff Flacco is a real thing.

Went to dig further into his playoff numbers:

56.6%, 7.2 ypa, 25 TDs, 10 INTs, 88.6 rating.... career regular season rating is 84.1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Cousins is definitely not mobile but he does have a pretty good arm.

He's got a good arm for sure, I won't call it great or anything like that (arm strength is overrated anyway to an extent)

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Went to dig further into his playoff numbers:

56.6%, 7.2 ypa, 25 TDs, 10 INTs, 88.6 rating.... career regular season rating is 84.1

His first two years pretty grossly distort those numbers, but part of the Flacco problem is him being good enough in the regular season to even get to the playoffs.

Maybe do what should have been done with Tebow and use him as a situational player (Tebow in the 4th quarter only)? Maybe Jackson is the regular season QB they always needed to let Flacco own the playoffs!!! hahaha

RE Packers HC:

If you bring in a young coach or a college coach Rodgers likely won't respect him.  If that happens it will be interesting. 

If you bring in an old coach you are just moving chairs around for most of them. Maybe with exception of Arians. He might be in retirement mode though, who knows if he has energy for this.  

Also any coach has to realize this is 2-3 year win a superbowl or will likely be your last job deal in a tough division. Which also makes Arians a good fit, because he is okay with just retiring at that point. 

A defensive head coach doesn't really make sense because then you are on OC merry go round.  If OC is good he gets next open HC job, if he is bad then that sucks.  That would also be interesting.

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

RE Packers HC:

If you bring in a young coach or a college coach Rodgers likely won't respect him.  If that happens it will be interesting. 

If you bring in an old coach you are just moving chairs around for most of them. Maybe with exception of Arians. He might be in retirement mode though, who knows if he has energy for this.  

Also any coach has to realize this is 2-3 year win a superbowl or will likely be your last job deal in a tough division. Which also makes Arians a good fit, because he is okay with just retiring at that point. 

A defensive head coach doesn't really make sense because then you are on OC merry go round.  If OC is good he gets next open HC job, if he is bad then that sucks.  That would also be interesting.

Someone also suggested Peyton Manning....

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

Someone also suggested Peyton Manning....

Manning wants to be a GM like Elway I think if anything.  He isn't hurting for money.  

Coaching is a lot of grunt work.  Manning is notorious for his QB work ethic, but coaching is a different ball game and has a lot of parts that are a lot less fun than throwing routes and even film study.  It's a 100 hour a week job.   

Being a GM can involve a lot more delegation with people that don't change jobs as much.  You are just a decision maker.  

Being a HC can get a lot easier when you have coordinators that have worked with you forever because you don't have to oversee them and do their work.  When you don't it's a super grind.

Nagy is burning it at both ends right now and he doesn't have to be involved much at all on defense because he has a coordinator he can trust.  

Archived