NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

So browsing the packers and Vikings forum was interesting to me. First stop was to check in on the melt down in the frozen tundra. Then I read some in the Vikings playoff thread and it was very interesting that they were only really scared of us and a little of the saints. It's still so surreal that we went from laughing stock to legitimately feared. 

7 hours ago, BearDownTexas said:

So browsing the packers and Vikings forum was interesting to me. First stop was to check in on the melt down in the frozen tundra. Then I read some in the Vikings playoff thread and it was very interesting that they were only really scared of us and a little of the saints. It's still so surreal that we went from laughing stock to legitimately feared. 

Nobody wants to play the Bears in this postseason (well except the stl4life kid who seems to think that if the Rams get the Bears at home they'll drop 60 on us no problem).  Nobody wants to see this defense and we are by far the toughest out in the playoffs right now.  Our D gives us more than a punchers chance against anybody.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Nobody wants to play the Bears in this postseason (well except the stl4life kid who seems to think that if the Rams get the Bears at home they'll drop 60 on us no problem).  Nobody wants to see this defense and we are by far the toughest out in the playoffs right now.  Our D gives us more than a punchers chance against anybody.

It's pretty wild, and I love that all September and October all anyone could talk about was the new NFL: all scoring all the time, and now there's a modern defense that happens to be on the team that gave us the most famous defense of all time.  Kind of like a comic book crossover where two totally different superheroes fight it out.  It'll either be awesome, or so totally lopsided that no one stays awake. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Saw there was a "next head coach" thread in the Packers section, thought it might be interesting. Clicked, realized it was 72 pages long, was like:

zGHQb4O.gif?2

I hope they hire McDaniels, that will be a cluster f*ck to enjoy for years to come...It would be the gift that keeps on giving the whole year long...

7 hours ago, dafreak said:

I hope they hire McDaniels, that will be a cluster f*ck to enjoy for years to come...It would be the gift that keeps on giving the whole year long...

McDaniels would probably drive Rodgers into retirement. Maybe we should start a Packers coach thread on here. Might be too big a subject for this particular thread...

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Saw there was a "next head coach" thread in the Packers section, thought it might be interesting. Clicked, realized it was 72 pages long, was like:

zGHQb4O.gif?2

And that is before the end of the season. Once Black Monday arrives it will get ridiculous. 

I'm very grateful to have the staff we do, worst case scenario we get shocked by someone hiring Fangio as HC. There should be plenty of options and I don't believe there is a better situation for a DC to come in and thrive.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

And that is before the end of the season. Once Black Monday arrives it will get ridiculous. 

I'm very grateful to have the staff we do, worst case scenario we get shocked by someone hiring Fangio as HC. There should be plenty of options and I don't believe there is a better situation for a DC to come in and thrive.

I wonder if GB will definitely look at an offensive guy but I tell you what, I’m impressed by Matt Eberflus (sp?) in Indianapolis. That guy can coach and his players seem to love him.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I wonder if GB will definitely look at an offensive guy but I tell you what, I’m impressed by Matt Eberflus (sp?) in Indianapolis. That guy can coach and his players seem to love him.

You're definitely on point there. Got a buddy who has gushed over him, he's legitimately scared they're going to lose him. And this is his first year with that roster AND as a DC. Makes you wonder what he could do with a few years of getting players for his system and more experience.

Now him, Vic, and Richards are the only DCs that seem to have a snowball's chance at a HC gig this year right? Or is there a dark horse I am missing? Each has concerns - Vic being old for a 1st time HC, Vic having only 1 year with real DC experience (pretty rapid job responsibility jumps), etc.

@beardown3231

I retract that statement of them being the only 3 defensive options - NE's DC will get consideration because he is a "Belichick disciple." lol. Sad but I am sure it will happen, he will get way too much face time after Black Monday. TBH I don't even know his name.

In all reality I hope Toub gets any other job. That is my biggest hope for the upcoming coaching carousel ATM.

Archived