NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

It’s kind of funny and you might not believe me but as a life long Vikings fan this is the honest truth.. we dislike the bears but definitely have no hate for them.. I swear our franchises have so much in common.. we both aren’t the lions and we both HATE Green Bay! I’ve actually truly enjoyed the shift of power in the north the last few years! As long as it’s anyone but the packers I’m good 🍻

1 minute ago, joeybrowner47 said:

It’s kind of funny and you might not believe me but as a life long Vikings fan this is the honest truth.. we dislike the bears but definitely have no hate for them.. I swear our franchises have so much in common.. we both aren’t the lions and we both HATE Green Bay! I’ve actually truly enjoyed the shift of power in the north the last few years! As long as it’s anyone but the packers I’m good 🍻

Pretty much in the same boat.  Most of the Vikes fans seem pretty cool, and you're not GB. @Uncle Buck is the ambassador to MIN for us, so it is a pretty peaceful rivalry. 

I'm looking forward to CHI and MIN being the two who always get the media attention all off-season in the division. 

On 12/22/2018 at 6:05 PM, dll2000 said:

This is what it was like reading Packers forum. 

I watch some of this guy's videos too.  He's actually pretty cool for a Packer fan.  There are a lot like him in the Packer Forum on this site, but they just seem to get drowned out by the handful who aren't so level-headed. 

Here is my dream candidate for the Packers' next head coach:

j0wj7o.jpg

There seems to be a lot of concern in Packerland that they need to find a coach who can reign in Rodgers and also a guy whom he will respect.  Lord Favre will do anything but reign in Rodgers.  He will be telling him to "quit worrying about your stupid TD/INT ratio and just go out there and win the game!"  If Rodgers has a problem with that, which he inevitably will, Favre will just say "No problem.  Why don't you just take a seat on the bench and I'll go in there and get this thing done!"  The Packers did hire a former QB (Bart Starr) as their head coach once already in their history, so this should be a no-brainer for them.  :D  Of course, it will never happen, but the drama would make for some incredible television!  :D:D

Two big calls completely changed two big games. 

NO got a PI call i their favor I disagreed with that allowed them to score game winning TD. 

MN got an extra 2 secs to throw hail mary at end of half that completely took all wind out of Detriot who was pumped at winning that gane at time.

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Here is my dream candidate for the Packers' next head coach:

j0wj7o.jpg

There seems to be a lot of concern in Packerland that they need to find a coach who can reign in Rodgers and also a guy whom he will respect.  Lord Favre will do anything but reign in Rodgers.  He will be telling him to "quit worrying about your stupid TD/INT ratio and just go out there and win the game!"  If Rodgers has a problem with that, which he inevitably will, Favre will just say "No problem.  Why don't you just take a seat on the bench and I'll go in there and get this thing done!"  The Packers did hire a former QB (Bart Starr) as their head coach once already in their history, so this should be a no-brainer for them.  :D  Of course, it will never happen, but the drama would make for some incredible television!  :D:D

I'm still dreaming they stupidly hire Lane Kiffin. It won't happen but seeing them go 5 weeks before Rodgers beats the hell out of Lane and gets suspended for domestic violence. Lol

On 12/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, dll2000 said:

Two big calls completely changed two big games. 

NO got a PI call i their favor I disagreed with that allowed them to score game winning TD. 

MN got an extra 2 secs to throw hail mary at end of half that completely took all wind out of Detriot who was pumped at winning that gane at time.

Seemed we clearly had the TO called with time on the clock. With that being said I have no idea what Rudolph was doing on that play lol. 

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Seemed we clearly had the TO called with time on the clock. With that being said I have no idea what Rudolph was doing on that play lol. 

I was watching on condensed.  Just saw time ran out and then you are kicking a field goal.  It looked weird.

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I was watching on condensed.  Just saw time ran out and then you are kicking a field goal.  It looked weird.

Oh it was definitely weird. Rudolph caught the pass on the play prior and seemed to have a clear opportunity to run forward and get the first down but instead chose to run slightly backwards and towards the sideline. He was then tackled in bounds and we got the TO called with the 2 seconds left.

If Rudy would've fallen forward or gained the 1st down I think we try the FG attempt. He went from zero to hero quite quickly.

Arguing with Packers fans that Graham is a bust of a FA pick up and Robinson isn't.  

They are arguing opposite.  Seems crazy to me.  

Graham is a declining 32 year old over paid TE who can't separate and doesn't block on a 3 year contract that features a ton of dead cap poison pill.  

Robinson just turned 25 on a 3 year deal well below that of top no. 1 receivers that takes him into his prime.  

One is a good young FA pick up with a nice upside on a very reasonable deal for his position.  One is too old and too expensive.  

Look at stats they say.  I say Robinson is recovering from a knee injury in a new offense with what might as well be a rookie QB.  Graham is playing in an offense with a HOF QB who has been playing in same offense forever on a team that passes the ball 70% of the time.

It's not apples to apples when looking at stats.  The stats only tell part of a story.  Football is a team game and scheme driven. 

You can draft a Big 12 WR with 7k yards receiving and 72 TDs or Calvin Johnson playing for Georgia Tech who has good, but not video game numbers (I don't know what his college numbers were, it's just an example).

Point is, is the Big 12 WR better than Calvin Johnson because he has better or equal stats when Big 12 plays spread vs. non existent defenses and Johnson is playing in option system?  Ridiculous.  

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Arguing with Packers fans that Graham is a bust of a FA pick up and Robinson isn't.  

You're not actually arguing about the two rosters with Packers fans here on FF, are you? If so, I think an intervention is necessary. O.o

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

They are arguing opposite.  Seems crazy to me.  

Graham is a declining 32 year old over paid TE who can't separate and doesn't block on a 3 year contract that features a ton of dead cap poison pill.  

Robinson just turned 25 on a 3 year deal well below that of top no. 1 receivers that takes him into his prime.  

One is a good young FA pick up with a nice upside on a very reasonable deal for his position.  One is too old and too expensive.  

Look at stats they say.  I say Robinson is recovering from a knee injury in a new offense with what might as well be a rookie QB.  Graham is playing in an offense with a HOF QB who has been playing in same offense forever on a team that passes the ball 70% of the time.

It's not apples to apples when looking at stats.  The stats only tell part of a story.  Football is a team game and scheme driven. 

You can draft a Big 12 WR with 7k yards receiving and 72 TDs or Calvin Johnson playing for Georgia Tech who has good, but not video game numbers (I don't know what his college numbers were, it's just an example).

Point is, is the Big 12 WR better than Calvin Johnson because he has better or equal stats when Big 12 plays spread vs. non existent defenses and Johnson is playing in option system?  Ridiculous.  

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

You're not actually arguing about the two rosters with Packers fans here on FF, are you? If so, I think an intervention is necessary. O.o

They’re morons. It doesn’t take a genius to know that Graham stinks (and has for a year or two now) and Robinson is good (not even great, just good). It also doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that their roster leaves a lot to be desired.

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

They’re morons. It doesn’t take a genius to know that Graham stinks (and has for a year or two now) and Robinson is good (not even great, just good). It also doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that their roster leaves a lot to be desired.

I thought the Graham pickup was fine for them--but my expectations weren't an All-Pro kind of performance, like so many of the Packers brethren apparently had. Their apoplectic, troll moderator even argued with me that Graham made the Packers TE group better than the Bears'...all by himself...

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I thought the Graham pickup was fine for them--but my expectations weren't an All-Pro kind of performance, like so many of the Packers brethren apparently had. Their apoplectic, troll moderator even argued with me that Graham made the Packers TE group better than the Bears'...all by himself...

giphy.gif

Ah, the joys of days when the green Kool-aid is flowing in Wisconsin.  Back on the old site in 2007, I remember reading a post by a Packer fan who truly thought that the Packers' rookie kicker was more deserving of the Rookie of the Year award than Adrian Peterson.  Then there was the guy who wouldn't give up on his opinion that A.J. Hawk was faster than Percy Harvin.  (I wonder why they didn't have Hawk returning kicks?)   :D

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ah, the joys of days when the green Kool-aid is flowing in Wisconsin.  Back on the old site in 2007, I remember reading a post by a Packer fan who truly thought that the Packers' rookie kicker was more deserving of the Rookie of the Year award than Adrian Peterson.  Then there was the guy who wouldn't give up on his opinion that A.J. Hawk was faster than Percy Harvin.  (I wonder why they didn't have Hawk returning kicks?)   :D

Oh god. Don't even get me started on how Hawk was hyped. I still remember when he was drafted and Packers fan were claiming he was the "next Urlacher" well before they switched to a 3-4 defense.  

I also remember the Grant>>>>>Forte, the Finley>>>everyone, Kampman was the next great one,-- as was Dix, Randall, Rollins, etc,.....the list goes on.

Archived