NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Ehh...I don't know. I agree with you--sort of? :D

The Bears could contend, it's possible, but boy would I be surprised. Detroit? I think Patricia has a better chance as a HC than Crennell, Weis, Mangini, etc., but their off-season didn't do much for me, so I'd be SHOCKED if they were in the hunt. It's a two team race, in my book, and neither team reaching the Super Bowl would be much of an upset. The season could prove me wrong ,but I doubt it. We'll see how Cousins does behind that line--I think they probably hover around average and if they maintain that, the Vikes should be okay. I can see the Packers impressing regardless of how Cousins does...

The Bears are talented. I think if Trubisky pulls a Goff that team could be dangerous. Albeit I also think that means that most likely the Lions unimpress and the Vikings/Packers deal with injuries over the season. 

Still teams get better and worse out of the blue all of the time. 

10 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

And with Rodgers the Packers were 4-1 while the vikes were 3-2 with two of the teams the vikings beat being bottom 5 teams, Tampa bay and Chicago that you mentioned. It's clear the Packers were on par with the vikes with Rodgers last year, perhaps even better, and the vikes were not "favorites to win the NFCN" until Rodgers went down. One would expect that to be the case in 2018 as well with Chicago improving as well.

I think Minnesota is slightly favored to win it, given a better roster.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:33 AM, beardown3231 said:

Look at who's a free agent next year- Barr, Richardson, Diggs, Forbath, Hunter. This year is very Super-Bowl-or-Bust for them because I expect them to take a step back in 2019 since they likely lose 2-3 of those guys. The good news, for them, is that they're absolutely loaded. I think it'll end up being Saints vs. Chargers in the Super Bowl, but Minnesota has as good of a shot as anyone.

Forbath...? he won't even make the team this year. he may not even make it to training camp for the kicking "competition."

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Right now, that's certainly the case, yeah. I suppose that could change after the pre-season.

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Forbath...? he won't even make the team this year. he may not even make it to training camp for the kicking "competition."

He has a cool name, though! 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Right now, that's certainly the case, yeah. I suppose that could change after the pre-season.

He has a cool name, though! 

Once John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a "Ka'imi" Fairbairn came to the NFL, Fortbath's name can't even be considered cool. As @SteelKing728 says, he isn't in the competition, for playing time or coolest name.

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I was simply naming off 2019 free agents. If it makes you feel better to pick one of those 5 and make fun of him, good job, but they’ll still be losing 2-3 of the other 4.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think that is a fair opinion to have after last season, but no one has seen the Packers ( or any other NFCN team's including MN) 2018 roster play a down yet and there have been some big changes. For example, GB added likely ~15 new players (28%) to the roster and subtracted some others. Some of those could be pretty significant upgrades too.

Personally, I think GB's biggest acquisitions may be DC Pettine & OC Philbin. GB with a healthy Rodgers and potentially solid defense make things look much different than 2017. Factor in potential improvement in Chi and Det and the whole NFCN is much different than in 2017.

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I was simply naming off 2019 free agents. If it makes you feel better to pick one of those 5 and make fun of him, good job, but they’ll still be losing 2-3 of the other 4.

that seems awfully petty, nor did i make fun of the guy. i was simply informing any Bears fans reading in here that Korbath isn't making our roster this year. we drafted a kicker in the 5th and he's already out performing the veteran.

no wonder this forum has such low outside participation if that's how guests are treated.

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

that seems awfully petty, nor did i make fun of the guy. i was simply informing any Bears fans reading in here that Korbath isn't making our roster this year. we drafted a kicker in the 5th and he's already out performing the veteran.

no wonder this forum has such low outside participation if that's how guests are treated.

I've been treated really great in here and i'm a Packers fan. They hate us a lot more than they hate the Vikings. Bears forum is generally a very polite bunch. 

22 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I've been treated really great in here and i'm a Packers fan. They hate us a lot more than they hate the Vikings. Bears forum is generally a very polite bunch. 

Are you saying "Polite". There's no "Polite" in Bears-Packers rivalry. Tip of the hat to "A league of Their Own".

Using the word 'hate' twice so that kind of returns the NFC North talk to where it should be.

Packers, Vikings. You measure yourself by the greatness of your rivals. I even politely slammed Detroit by leaving them off.

Let's get three NFC North into the playoffs for the rest of the decade.

7 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Let's get three NFC North into the playoffs for the rest of the decade.

I couldn't take something like that. If the Packers ever lose to the Vikings or the Bears in the playoffs I don't think I would have a TV anymore. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

that would be cool!

some of us would play each other three times a year.

Yeah, it would be cool. The decade's almost over, though. Let's hope for longer than that! 

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

LOL.  Are you new to the internet?

Archived