ATL signs DT Terrell McClain

Broncofan

On 5/11/2018 at 5:51 PM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

He's not good... but I'm still happy Dallas didn't get him back.

Why? If he’s not good, why would you be worried if he went back Dallas? Is it perhaps because he did play well in Marinelli’s defense and you wouldn’t want that to happen again?

The Redskins have invested a lot in the DL through the draft in the last 3 years so McClain was expendable but he’s not a bad player like most Redskins fans think. Not saying he’s good or great, but he isnt bad either. He’s a C player. 

He’s certainly capable of getting 30 to 40 sacks and 2 or 3 sacks in a season if he’s getting starter reps.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why? If he’s not good, why would you be worried if he went back Dallas? Is it perhaps because he did play well in Marinelli’s defense and you wouldn’t want that to happen again?

I wouldn't be worried if he went back to Dallas.  I'm just happy that their depth at DT is even more terrible now than it would have been if McClain came back.  That doesn't mean I think McClain is a good player.  He's a C player on a good day IMO.  D or F player on most days.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What is Johnathan Hankins waiting for? An injury?

He has a horrible agent. He should fire his agent and sign somewhere. He should’ve taken multiple deals that he turned down, including the Redskins offer.

15 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I wouldn't be worried if he went back to Dallas.  I'm just happy that their depth at DT is even more terrible now than it would have been if McClain came back.  That doesn't mean I think McClain is a good player.  He's a C player on a good day IMO.  D or F player on most days.

Well he wasn’t that in Dallas. He also was ok for the Redskins. You don’t have 20 tackles and 2 sacks in 12 games as a back up interior DL and be a D or F player.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well he wasn’t that in Dallas. He also was ok for the Redskins. You don’t have 20 tackles and 2 sacks in 12 games as a back up interior DL and be a D or F player.

I don't care about the stats.  I care about the film.  He got blown off the ball damn near every time teams ran it to the left while he was playing RDE.  I've been re-watching all the games over the last month or so, and it's blatantly obvious why we cut him one year into his contract.

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I don't care about the stats.  I care about the film.  He got blown off the ball damn near every time teams ran it to the left while he was playing RDE.  I've been re-watching all the games over the last month or so, and it's blatantly obvious why we cut him one year into his contract.

Seems like an exaggeration but it’s whatever. 

47 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

meh

How so? He was still the best deep threat in the NFL while in Washington.

In 2014 he averaged 21 yards per catch (ypc) and in 2015 & 16 he averaged nearly 18 ypc. 

If Washington had re-signed him last year he would’ve been a 1,000 yard wr again and every year he was healthy in DC he was a 1,000 yd WR.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

How so? He was still the best deep threat in the NFL while in Washington.

In 2014 he averaged 21 yards per catch (ypc) and in 2015 & 16 he averaged nearly 18 ypc. 

If Washington had re-signed him last year he would’ve been a 1,000 yard wr again and every year he was healthy in DC he was a 1,000 yd WR.

always felt like he had garbage time stats though

Archived