All-Inclusive OTA's Thread

If Quinn sticks around and I think he will, it makes Crowder expendable which I hate. I really like Crowder. Maybe Quinn can play outside some too. All I know is our WR core better produce, this Quinn kid is taking a spot from somebody.

22 minutes ago, Eric said:

If Quinn sticks around and I think he will, it makes Crowder expendable which I hate. I really like Crowder. Maybe Quinn can play outside some too. All I know is our WR core better produce, this Quinn kid is taking a spot from somebody.

As I said elsewhere, Preston Smith and Crowder are the only guys from the 2015 class who have significant value as a compensatory pick after this season (Scherff won't be a free agent since the Redskins picked up his 5th year option). Martrell Spaight might turn into something, but at this point, I think he's just a role player.

Between Stroman (as a punt returner) and Quinn, I think the Redskins front office made the decision to let Crowder walk already. Maybe I'm wrong (and I would love to see Crowder put on a show since, at worst, that would only drive up his value), but right now, if Quinn makes the roster, I think Crowder will be on another team in 2019.

Crowder had 6 fumbles last year.  He's had 12 in his 3-year career.  He's also had a lot of big drops, some that led to INTs.  I'm not gonna deny that he has made some huge plays for us, and been a very solid slot WR, but I personally won't be sad to see him go.  You could argue at least one of those fumbles he had last year lost us the game.

I'd much prefer we re-sign Preston (and obviously get Scherff's deal done).

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

As I said elsewhere, Preston Smith and Crowder are the only guys from the 2015 class who have significant value as a compensatory pick after this season (Scherff won't be a free agent since the Redskins picked up his 5th year option). Martrell Spaight might turn into something, but at this point, I think he's just a role player.

Between Stroman (as a punt returner) and Quinn, I think the Redskins front office made the decision to let Crowder walk already. Maybe I'm wrong (and I would love to see Crowder put on a show since, at worst, that would only drive up his value), but right now, if Quinn makes the roster, I think Crowder will be on another team in 2019.

Wouldn’t we be better off having good players more so than compensation picks? Maybe I’m crazy but the obsession with draft picks is getting out of hand. Let’s let all of our good players go because we might potentially hit on another draft pick...or ya know, we could let Crowder walk and end up with another Matt Jones type pick. 

Archived