All-Inclusive OTA's Thread

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Can you smile again in Virginia, or do you all still take your prison photos?

Hey now! Mine is 100% genuine "belongs on the wall of the post office" level quality, thankyouverymuch!

Redskins signs three college free agents https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/14/washington-signs-three-college-free-agents/ 

Washington announced the signings of three college free agents, getting center Casey Dunn, linebacker Vontae Diggs and receiver Darvin Kidsy under contract. The team waived receiver Mikah Holder and center Sean Welsh in corresponding moves.

Diggs made 183 tackles and 11.5 tackles for loss in his 36-game career at Connecticut.

Dunn graduated from Jacksonville State and transferred to Auburn, where he made nine starts at center last season.

Kidsy played 47 games in his college career at North Texas and Texas Southern. He had 512 receiving yards and three touchdowns last season at Texas Southern and added a long punt return of 61 yards. Kidsy also received a tryout at the Browns’ rookie minicamp.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:26 PM, Eric said:

I dont think its about Crowders production as much as Doctsons. He has to step up this year. Is Doctson worth the 5th year option right now? I don't believe so, though I hope he proves me wrong. Between Robert Davis, Quinn and Harris somebody is getting knocked out of starting lineup sometime this year I bet. I don't think Quinn is just a slot, he is 6 foot tall. But we'll see what happens 

Larry Fitzgerald is a slot WR and is 6'3. Its not the height that makes a great slot WR. Its the ability to catch the ball, use your body to be able to catch the ball, and be able to turn and run. Selling routes. People think its all about the mismatch, and while it is when you have a slot WR being covered by slower S's or LB's, there are other aspects other than just height that make a slot WR. 

To @Eric ‘s post, I don’t think any of our top 3 WRs jobs are in jeopardy this year. Quinn seems like a solid route runner and seems to have good hands but he has to prove a lot. Davis has potential but is extremely raw and Harris flashes potential but is very inconsistent.

Bottom line, I’d be shocked if any of those 3 take the jobs of Crowder, Doctson or Richardson. 

Crowder and Doctson definitely dropped some balls last year that they should have caught but they and Richardson are the most physically gifted of the WRs on this team and they are the most consistent, even if they struggled some last year with consistency.

I think Doctson is primed to have a big year this year. Like I said he dropped a few he’d like to have back from last year but Kirk also missed him and Crowder when they were open a few times for possible TDS or big plays.

It wouldn’t shock me to see Crowder have a year like he had in 2016 with again near 70 recs, around 900 yards and 5 to 8 tds. 

Doctson was essentially a rookie last year and with the losses of Djax, Garçon and the injuries/ineffectiveness of Pryor and Reed, Doctson got the most attention from #1 corners for the last 3/4 of last season. He certainly needs to be more consistent- as does Crowder - but he has the talent to be a dominant #1. 

It wouldn’t shock me at all to see Doctson catch 70 to 80 passes for near or over 1000 and near 10 tds. Last year Doctson had 6 tds when he only really saw a lot of playing time in 3/4 of the season. He had 6 tds, dropped a few he’d like to have back and Kirk missed him on a few. I definitely think it’s within the realm of possibilities for Doctson to break out this season and have a great year.

Archived