All-Inclusive OTA's Thread

On 5/27/2018 at 7:02 AM, turtle28 said:

I think I’m still kinda in disbelief that after the whole offseason we got Payne to pair with Allen. Also the addition of Settle to our DL I’m really excited to see this defense especially the play of Norman. Before his injury he was playing all pro. Didn’t have any INT’s but he was simply not allowing catches. I think this is the first time we will see a defense that can hold it own for the first time since having a base 3/4.

Craig Hoffman‏Verified account @CraigHoffman

Of course this is what I have my eyes on today. 1) Reed looks BIG. He’s put on weight. His arms are massive. 2) he looks fluid. He’s on the rehab field, but there’s no hitch in his giddy up.

Among the missing from the voluntary workouts: LB Zach Brown. Wasn’t here when we were out here last week (told he was moving). We’ll get updates after practice. But,again, voluntary.

Craig Hoffman‏Verified account @CraigHoffman 19m19 minutes ago

Also not dressed Ty Nsekhe, Tyler Catalina and TJ Clemmings on the OL. TE Manasseh Gardner isn’t dressed either.

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Craig Hoffman‏Verified account @CraigHoffman 19m19 minutes ago

Also not dressed Ty Nsekhe, Tyler Catalina and TJ Clemmings on the OL. TE Manasseh Gardner isn’t dressed either.

First

you shouldn't need to copy the text any more, @oldman9er ... if you're on your phone/tablet, you need to remove the "mobile." (notice the period there) from the URL and repaste the link. I just pinged Webby again about that to see if he could make the mobile tweets render.

Second, SERIOUSLY, Alex Boone and Jahri Evans are free agents. Yes, they're older but why the heck are they not reaching out to these guys?!? Does the front office honestly believe that Shawn Lauvao will start 16 games (something he hasn't done since 2012), or that he won't miss at least a quarter of the season (something he's done three of the past five years)?

Hoffman also said Chris Thompson was on the rehab field (not good) and that Kapri Bibbs wasn't present today (eh, okay). EDIT: He later said Bibbs was present but in a sweatshirt and visor.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Second, SERIOUSLY, Alex Boone and Jahri Evans are free agents. Yes, they're older but why the heck are they not reaching out to these guys?!? Does the front office honestly believe that Shawn Lauvao will start 16 games (something he hasn't done since 2012), or that he won't miss at least a quarter of the season (something he's done three of the past five years)?

All I come up with is that they feel Lauvao's familiarity of their scheme trumps adding a different vet... and they feel good about darkhorse Ty Nsekhe as an alternative when/if things go south with Lauvao. Or maybe Shawn has naughty pics of a compromised Dan/Bruce? 

200w.webp

21 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

All I come up with is that they feel Lauvao's familiarity of their scheme trumps adding a different vet... and they feel good about darkhorse Ty Nsekhe as an alternative when/if things go south with Lauvao. Or maybe Shawn has naughty pics of a compromised Dan/Bruce? 

200w.webp

If Ty Nsekhe were practicing in OTAs, then I could understand this theory.

He's not.

I'm about to post a separate thread about this.

On 5/28/2018 at 8:15 PM, ripsean21 said:

I think I’m still kinda in disbelief that after the whole offseason we got Payne to pair with Allen. Also the addition of Settle to our DL I’m really excited to see this defense especially the play of Norman. Before his injury he was playing all pro. Didn’t have any INT’s but he was simply not allowing catches. I think this is the first time we will see a defense that can hold it own for the first time since having a base 3/4.

Same here!

Sounds like a good start!

The younger cornerbacks Fabian Moreau and Greg Stroman are looking strong and learning some lessons as they match up with different sized receivers. Moreau helped produce an interception caught by Deshazor Everett early on during 7-on-7’s, diving to bat up a pass, thrown toward Robert Davis, so that Everett could jog over and collect the turnover. Moreau had tight coverage on Davis throughout most of practice, though Davis got revenge against Josh Holsey in the corner of the end zone on a full team drill. Stroman finished practice allowing a perfectly placed touchdown pass to Brian Quick, just out of his reach. But that didn’t take away from the fact that he played tight coverage for the majority of the day, whether he was lined up outside or in the slot against speedy types such as Trey Quinn.

https://www.redskins.com/news/practice-notes-2018-otas-day-5

Every time I hear something from OTA's there's always something thrown in there about Rob Kelly and how good he looks. I'm tired of seeing it to be honest. Even before he got hurt last year he was stinking up the joint (including preseason games). The only exception was the Ram game where all our rb's ran well. I want to hear more about Guice in the offseason. You know, the guy that is actually going to start!!!!

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Every time I hear something from OTA's there's always something thrown in there about Rob Kelly and how good he looks. I'm tired of seeing it to be honest. Even before he got hurt last year he was stinking up the joint (including preseason games). The only exception was the Ram game where all our rb's ran well. I want to hear more about Guice in the offseason. You know, the guy that is actually going to start!!!!

Honestly, I am sick of hearing about Rob Kelley. I am also tired of hearing about the unknowns that are likely to not make the team. Oh, and I would also like to stop hearing about the charity cases that are like a diamond in the rough find. Not just Rob Kelley. Yes, give me more Guice, Payne and others. I want to know about the guys that are going to contribute to the team and not ones that are likely on their way to the unemployment line. 

Saw an article about Cam Sims potentially making the team because he is a red zone target. So is Doctson and Reed. Click bait, phishing, and all other BS just to get clicks. 

On 6/2/2018 at 12:51 AM, mike23md said:

Honestly, I am sick of hearing about Rob Kelley. I am also tired of hearing about the unknowns that are likely to not make the team. Oh, and I would also like to stop hearing about the charity cases that are like a diamond in the rough find. Not just Rob Kelley. Yes, give me more Guice, Payne and others. I want to know about the guys that are going to contribute to the team and not ones that are likely on their way to the unemployment line. 

Saw an article about Cam Sims potentially making the team because he is a red zone target. So is Doctson and Reed. Click bait, phishing, and all other BS just to get clicks. 

While I understand the frustration, at this point in the offseason the guys who are fighting for the last 5 to 10 roster spots and practice squad seem to get more looks than the vets who everyone knows is going to make the team.  That’s why it’s the same type of reporting every spring. I can’t fault beat reporters for just reporting what’s going on when they watch practice. It’s their jobs. In training camp hopefully we see more of the vets on the practice field and get reports about how they look.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

While I understand the frustration, at this point in the offseason the guys who are fighting for the last 5 to 10 roster spots and practice squad seem to get more looks than the vets who everyone knows is going to make the team.  That’s why it’s the same type of reporting every spring. I can’t fault beat reporters for just reporting what’s going on when they watch practice. It’s their jobs. In training camp hopefully we see more of the vets on the practice field and get reports about how they look.

Completely missed the point. 

Image result for missed the point gif

On 6/3/2018 at 6:25 PM, mike23md said:

Completely missed the point. 

Image result for missed the point gif

I’m not sure what I missed. You said you’re sick of hearing about guys like Rob Kelley etc. I am too, but those are always the guys we’re going to hear about because beat reporters are focusing on roster battles. Like I said before they’re focusing on which of those back end of the roster guys are flashing so they may make the team.

I also don’t agree that we haven’t heard a lot about Guice, it seems to me he’s one of the most talked about Redskins. I will agree that they haven’t covered Payne, Christian and some of the other draft picks too much but I expect to hear more about them soon. It’s hard to tell how well Payne is doing when he’s just mostly doing drills with bags and sleds.

So guys like Ian Cummings who writes for BR write about these far fetched ideas about guys like Cam Sims, while an intriguing prospect, I don't actually care about reading an article on how he could make the team becuase he is a red zone target. If you really report about the Redskins, talk about any progress that some of the younger guys have made like Doctson or talk about Jordan Reed and his injury. Maybe Trent. I want to hear about the guys that are important to the team. I want to read about guys that are perennial starters and their status considering they have been injured and are recovering, how is the recovery going. 

That is the point. This is the best time to talk about those things and get people to hope that this team will do something this season. Talking about Cam Sims who no-one cares about being a good red zone target doesn't interest me. 

Yes, I can choose not to read it, but the point was, report on the Redskins, not on the soon to be unemployed. What's worse is I am sure he got paid nicely for that kind of garbage. 

Archived