All-Inclusive OTA's Thread

4 hours ago, mike23md said:

So guys like Ian Cummings who writes for BR write about these far fetched ideas about guys like Cam Sims, while an intriguing prospect, I don't actually care about reading an article on how he could make the team becuase he is a red zone target. If you really report about the Redskins, talk about any progress that some of the younger guys have made like Doctson or talk about Jordan Reed and his injury. Maybe Trent. I want to hear about the guys that are important to the team. I want to read about guys that are perennial starters and their status considering they have been injured and are recovering, how is the recovery going. 

That is the point. This is the best time to talk about those things and get people to hope that this team will do something this season. Talking about Cam Sims who no-one cares about being a good red zone target doesn't interest me. 

Yes, I can choose not to read it, but the point was, report on the Redskins, not on the soon to be unemployed. What's worse is I am sure he got paid nicely for that kind of garbage. 

Then don’t read it! Some of us like reading about unheralded players as well, heck, Thai makes it a thing with his misfit toys. 

Also, they do write about all those players you mention. 

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Then don’t read it! Some of us like reading about unheralded players as well, heck, Thai makes it a thing with his misfit toys. 

Also, they do write about all those players you mention. 

Thai likes to make his misfit toys, the ones that actually make the team. 

—It has been interesting to see Josh Harvey-Clemons lining up at inside linebacker with the starters in the absence of Zach Brown. He still looks nearly as slender as he did as a rookie last year. If we are to believe the information given on the roster, Harvey-Clemons has put on four pounds since last year, going from 226 to 230 on his 6-4 frame. The talk has been that Harvey-Clemons will be a nickel linebacker but perhaps they are grooming him for a larger role. It will be something to keep an eye on in Richmond.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/need-know-redskins-otas-free-qb-drama-change

43 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Fun stuff to scroll through... and it's that time again for the infos:

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Guice just broke Fernandez’s ankles. Caught pass in the left flat and shook the linebacker to get into the end zone. #redskins

Who is Fernandez?

Who is Jerod Fernandez?

Oh, random UDFA guy. Got it.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden likes the progress shown by LB Preston Smith in his three seasons. Gruden said Smith could become one of the more "dynamic outside linebackers in the NFL for years to come. He's on the right path." Smith is entering the final year of his contract. The Redskins didn't want to give Kirk Cousins a huge contract in part because they wanted to make sure they could extend players like Smith.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40021714-4

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden likes the progress shown by LB Preston Smith in his three seasons. Gruden said Smith could become one of the more "dynamic outside linebackers in the NFL for years to come. He's on the right path." Smith is entering the final year of his contract. The Redskins didn't want to give Kirk Cousins a huge contract in part because they wanted to make sure they could extend players like Smith.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40021714-4

Idiotic if true.

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Idiotic if true.

He was on a all pro pace before Allen got hurt. Our defense was getting pressure like never before in the 3/4 and nickel. He looked unstoppable I think he can be a beast!! Just needs alittle more consistency

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I put Clemons in every mock I did for us last year. He’s crazy athletic. Every player I scoured on his team every game he jumped out. I’m excited for this guy I hope he grows I think he has huge potential

Hope so. Maybe he can make the Cravens debacle and the concerns over "LB" coverage an easier shrug off, if so. :) 

NBC Washington's Rich Tandler reports Jamison Crowder and Alex Smith displayed a very good rapport during Redskins OTAs.

Tandler adds that "Smith was very comfortable firing the ball in to Crowder during goal line work." Crowder was a hype sensation at this time last summer, but things got off to a real rocky start as he failed to top 50 yards in five of the first six games and also missed time with injury. Crowder went for 70-plus yards, including 123- and 141-yard efforts, Weeks 8-12 while nabbing all three of his touchdowns the final six weeks. Crowder's short-to-intermediate route tree meshes well with Smith's pass-game tendencies. We were maybe a year early on Crowder.

Coach Jay Gruden raved about seventh-round WR Trey Quinn, calling him a "silent assassin" and a very "quarterback-friendly target."

Quinn was "Mr. Irrelevant" as the last pick in April's draft, but he's far from irrelevant and is even expected to make the team at this point. An LSU transfer, Quinn posted a 114/1,236/13 line at SMU opposite Courtland Sutton. He's a vacuum who catches everything and has exceptional quickness at 5'11/203. Quinn should endear himself to the coaches much like Ryan Grant.

Practice Notes: 2018 OTAs, Day 9

--During last week’s media practice, Robert Davis turned heads with several catches in traffic. To finish up practice on Wednesday, he showed off his speed this time, utilizing the only non-red zone sequence to collect what would have turned into a 60-yard play-action deep pass from McCoy. Gruden said afterward that Davis has a real chance to “explode onto the scene,” which would give the Redskins a lot of solid options out of their wide receiver corps. Derrius Guice got a little more work early on with the first team offense, particularly to practice his pass-catching skills. He looked very fluid catching some out-routes and turning up field. Quinton Dunbar on Wednesday displayed the traits that merited his multi-year extension earlier this year. Dunbar was a problem for the offense in the red zone throughout the afternoon on Thursday. 

https://www.redskins.com/news/practice-notes-2018-otas-day-9

11 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

He reminded me of a much faster Brandon Marshall coming out of UCF. Physical and good at running after the catch. Can make great catches and drop passes off his hands right at the numbers. Not a lot of drops but when he had them to me they were concentration drops. But most of the time they were easy catches to make. Marshall suffered from them for the better part of his career but he also developed and was a really good football player. 

Archived