All-Inclusive OTA's Thread

32 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He reminded me of a much faster Brandon Marshall coming out of UCF. Physical and good at running after the catch. Can make great catches and drop passes off his hands right at the numbers. Not a lot of drops but when he had them to me they were concentration drops. But most of the time they were easy catches to make. Marshall suffered from them for the better part of his career but he also developed and was a really good football player. 

Cool. I look forward to seeing he and the other hopefuls .. assuming he/they make it to August. 

So, the wideouts:

locks

1. J. Doctson

2. P. Richardson

3. J. Crowder

battles, in order of how I'd predict it to go:

4. Robert Davis

5. Trey Quinn

B. Quick, M. Harris, S. Cobbs Jr, C. Sims, D. Kidsy, S. Fields, B. Marshall

Do folks think Washington keeps 6 ? I get the sense Quick is not eligible for the P-squad, but the rest may be. 

22 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden likes the progress shown by LB Preston Smith G Brandon Scherff in his three seasons.  The Redskins didn't want to give Kirk Cousins a huge contract in part because they wanted to make sure they could extend players like Smith.Scherff. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40021714-4

FTFY. :)

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Nah.  He said what he meant.  Preston will beast this year if the DL stays healthy.  We should lock him up for cheap while we can.

Agreed, I still don’t understand what some people’s fascination is with still hating on Preston Smith.

I can agree that he’s certainly not elite but he’s a damn good player that we should retain.

Scherff should definitely be retained too, but the reason Gruden was talking about Smith in that answer is because that was who the question was about.

15 hours ago, oldman9er said:

B. Quick, M. Harris, S. Cobbs Jr, C. Sims, D. Kidsy, S. Fields, B. Marshall

Do folks think Washington keeps 6 ? I get the sense Quick is not eligible for the P-squad, but the rest may be. 

Brian Quick as a six year veteran is most certainly ineligible.

I think Maurice Harris, with sixteen appearances across two years, is also ineligible. If he is eligible (I wouldn't have thought him eligible last year when he had 10 appearances, but he was), this would be his final year.

Cobbs, Sims, Kidsy, and Fields are all 2018 UDFAs, so they're eligible.

B. Marshall? Do you mean Byron Marshall, the RB? He should be eligible (two years in the league, but only 7 appearances across those two years), but this is his final year.

As for keeping six, I could definitely see it. Last year, they only kept five and Gruden was quoted as saying "There were some tough decisions – five receivers, two quarterbacks, only four tight ends." So, you have figure they'd prefer keeping six.

15 hours ago, oldman9er said:

locks

1. J. Doctson

2. P. Richardson

3. J. Crowder

battles, in order of how I'd predict it to go:

4. Robert Davis

5. Trey Quinn

I might give Quinn the upper hand over Davis, just due to Davis being raw, but it's pretty close.

16 minutes ago, Woz said:

I think Maurice Harris, with sixteen appearances across two years, is also ineligible. If he is eligible (I wouldn't have thought him eligible last year when he had 10 appearances, but he was), this would be his final year.

B. Marshall? Do you mean Byron Marshall, the RB? He should be eligible (two years in the league, but only 7 appearances across those two years), but this is his final year.

As for keeping six, I could definitely see it. Last year, they only kept five and Gruden was quoted as saying "There were some tough decisions – five receivers, two quarterbacks, only four tight ends." So, you have figure they'd prefer keeping six.

I might give Quinn the upper hand over Davis, just due to Davis being raw, but it's pretty close.

I’m still in the Maurice Harris camp until I see him flop or something - which he’s never done - even as an undrafted rookie.

I just have to see a heck of a lot more out of Davis before I’m going to think he deserves a roster spot over Harris.

I’m thinking they probably keep 6 WRs this year though with Harris, Davis and Quinn making it.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m still in the Maurice Harris camp until I see him flop or something - which he’s never done - even as an undrafted rookie.

I just have to see a heck of a lot more out of Davis before I’m going to think he deserves a roster spot over Harris.

I’m thinking they probably keep 6 WRs this year though with Harris, Davis and Quinn making it.

Actually, you're right. #4 should be Harris, #5 should be Quinn. Davis and Quick are the two locking horns for #6, with the others (right now) looking at the practice squad.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Good stuff, all. 

Wow, I'd have guessed Quick to be in yr 2 or 3 at most.. where does the time go? 

Ourlads had this Byron Marshall listed as WR; had no idea who he was.

Just now, oldman9er said:

Ourlads had this Byron Marshall listed as WR; had no idea who he was.

That's strange because he was a RB with the Eagles in 2016 and the Redskins have him listed as a RB as well.

Sufficed to say, his pathway to the final 53 is a bit complicated.

24 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's strange because he was a RB with the Eagles in 2016 and the Redskins have him listed as a RB as well.

They also have Rob Kelley as the first RB listed.. then Guice.. then CT. ( lol )

Maybe I need to stop looking at their depth charts. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

They also have Rob Kelley as the first RB listed.. then Guice.. then CT. ( lol )

Technically, Kelley may be #1 RB. But that's not going to last long. Having Thompson as 3rd ... maybe because they're thinking he's a 3rd down back so listing him 3rd?

Still, I think getting a better depth chart source might be a good idea.

50 minutes ago, Woz said:

Maybe because Byron Marshall was a college wr. The Eagles moved him to running back. He did play both RB & WR at Oregon but his final two years I think he played more WR.

30 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Depth charts aren’t official until after the preseason happens when the final roster is formed. Ourlands doesn’t have anything official.

Archived