All-Inclusive OTA's Thread

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Depth charts aren’t official until after the preseason happens when the final roster is formed. Ourlands doesn’t have anything official.

well sure.

Still feels bizarre to me that any depth chart.. even in June.. wouldn't start with Guice or CT.. then Perine, then Kelley. :P 

First Full Offseason, Fabian Moreau Is Ready To Make An Impact

https://www.redskins.com/news/with-his-first-full-offseason-fabian-moreau-is-ready-to-make-an-impact

Moreau will compete for a starting role this year, and being able to participate in his first round of OTAs, along with minicamp next week, has given him an increased sense of confidence and comfort. "I missed a lot last year and it really set me back," Moreau said. "This year, I’m in the playbook, I’m getting the reps. I feel a lot better out there." He played in all 16 games for the Redskins, adding necessary depth as multiple players fell to injury, and collected 14 tackles with one pass defensed, mostly playing in the slot when called upon in nickel and dime packages. That’s a place he has split his time over the last few weeks, though Moreau said he believes the coaches see him ultimately playing on the outside, where he’ll have competition with Quinton Dunbar. So far, being present for OTAs has allowed Moreau to home in on the specifics of the defense, which he never got a chance to do last year. "[He’s] just doing a great job of just understanding and recognizing splits, understanding when he can take his chances and he has," Manusky said of Moreau. "And he’s done a great job."

25 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

well sure.

Still feels bizarre to me that any depth chart.. even in June.. wouldn't start with Guice or CT.. then Perine, then Kelley. :P 

They generally don’t have rookies above vets on depth charts, even in June. Yes, it’s wrong but it is what it is going back decades. That’s why there’s no point in paying attention to them until August.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/mandatory-minicamp-brings-new-questions-and-some-answers

Mandatory minicamp brings new questions and some answers

The voluntary part of the Redskins offseason ended last week. On Tuesday, mandatory minicamp opens and the schedule calls for three straight days of practice in Ashburn. The biggest difference, and maybe the only real difference, comes from the mandatory part of things. OTAs are all voluntary, and coaches and players downplay their significance. 

Minicamp, however, is mandatory. If players don't show up, they get fined. 

Archived