Shaun Alexander; HOFer?

Kiwibrown

Shaun Alexander HOF before 2030?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Does he make it to the HOF before 2030

Shaun Alexander is the only player with a combined touchdown total of over 110 that isn't in the HOF that is eligible. 

He had 5 highly productive seasons going over 100 ypg rushing and receiving in these years. 

His best year coming in 2005 with over 1800 yards and 27 TDs. Statistically an all time season. 

He benefited from a great oline and a good team around him. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Shaun Alexander is the only player with a combined touchdown total of over 110 that isn't in the HOF that is eligible. 

He had 5 highly productive seasons going over 100 ypg rushing and receiving in these years. 

His best year coming in 2005 with over 1800 yards and 27 TDs. Statistically an all time season. 

He benefited from a great oline and a good team around him. 

Tremendous career, but faded badly after his age 28 season. The decline was startling, and he was soon out of the NFL. With the buildup of so many stronger candidates now and later, it's difficult to see Alexander ever reaching Canton.

I mean if you're putting in Terrell Davis he should be in. His peak was longer and 03-05 is better than 96-98. Then again you should also throw in Priest Holmes by that criteria. Terrell Davis opens an entire can of worms.

If Alexander makes the HOF I don’t know what  making the HOF even means anymore, and he was one of my favorites back in the day. Before I was a Saints fan I just followed my dads team which was the Seahawks and Shaun was probably my favorite player back then, but no I don’t see him as a HOF player by any stretch 

I'd say no - his production dropped significantly once Steve Hutchinson left for Minnesota. He's a product of an immensely talented OL. 

Hutch should be in before Alexander.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'd say no - his production dropped significantly once Steve Hutchinson left for Minnesota. He's a product of an immensely talented OL. 

Hutch should be in before Alexander.

His production dropped off because he was on the tail end of his 20's and coming off of three consecutive seasons where he was ran into the ground, capped off by 450 touches in final year and 390 in each of his previous two. Hutchinson leaving was only merely coincidental. 

54 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Hard to say, I don't think so, but I also didn't think Davis should have got in. 

1 2k season and phenomenal production the in the post season with a career derailed by injruy? to me that is HOF. 

Similair to Gronk IMO if he stoped playing. 

38 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

1 2k season and phenomenal production the in the post season with a career derailed by injruy? to me that is HOF. 

Similair to Gronk IMO if he stoped playing. 

Alexander had two 100 yard days in nine postseason games, the postseason won't help him in the HOF discussion. Terrell Davis is arguably the best postseason back ever, and that did augment his case. If we lower the bar for Alexander, that means Priest Holmes, and others should get in as well.  Don't think it's going to happen with strong candidates on the ballot who also have SB rings.  

2 hours ago, Malik said:

I mean if you're putting in Terrell Davis he should be in. His peak was longer and 03-05 is better than 96-98. Then again you should also throw in Priest Holmes by that criteria. Terrell Davis opens an entire can of worms.

I think the people in Davis' camp can claim he was terrific in every playoff game he participated in. He also has two rings, and an MVP season where he rushed for 2k yards.

If Alexander had that kind of career in that short of a span, he'd probably be in. Same with Holmes. 

Archived