Sign in to follow this  
TitanLegend

Ranking The Roster - #6

Who is the 6th best player on the Titans roster?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 6th best player on the Titans roster?

• Jack Conklin
    • Malcolm Butler
    • Logan Ryan
    • Adoree Jackson
    • DaQuan Jones
    • Brian Orakpo
    • Derrick Morgan
    • Derrick Henry
    • Dion Lewis
    • Wesley Woodyard
    • Josh Kline
    • Ben Jones

Despite the down numbers, Mariota led all QBs in game winning drives, including one in the playoffs to complete the comeback vs the Chiefs, helping lead him to finishing 5th on this year's ranking the roster.

MildDistortedArkshell-size_restricted.gi

Who takes the #6 spot?

1. Taylor Lewan
2. Jurrell Casey
3. Kevin Byard
4. Delanie Walker
5. Marcus Mariota

gotta be conklin here. i feel like it's under-discussed how much we're gonna miss him the first half of the season.

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

gotta be conklin here. i feel like it's under-discussed how much we're gonna miss him the first half of the season.

I think it was originally a foregone conclusion that he'd start the year on the PUP list. But the lack of attention at T this offseason maybe means they're encouraged by his progress early on through the process.  

I originally had him at 3rd... I think he's that good... but then reevaluted and dropped him for this year based on the uncertainty of his injury.  PUP is guaranteed 6 games... but that's only the minimum... it could go further.  At this point, I think Butler actually has an argument... I think he's got a solid argument as high up as 3.  I think some are underrating him on here... probably cuz he hasn't played for us yet... but I think he has a good shot of being one of our top players this year.

I'm also surprised Davis isn't on the list at this point.  Jackson is there as an option as a fellow 2nd year 1st rounder, and I expect them to be on par with each other at the very least... Jones, Kline, and Woodyard are also options, and I expect Davis to outplay that trio by a pretty significant margin.  His playoff game, a Mariota bounce back, and a LaFleur offense are all good signs for Davis this year.  

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I think it was originally a foregone conclusion that he'd start the year on the PUP list. But the lack of attention at T this offseason maybe means they're encouraged by his progress early on through the process.  

I originally had him at 3rd... I think he's that good... but then reevaluted and dropped him for this year based on the uncertainty of his injury.  PUP is guaranteed 6 games... but that's only the minimum... it could go further.  At this point, I think Butler actually has an argument... I think he's got a solid argument as high up as 3.  I think some are underrating him on here... probably cuz he hasn't played for us yet... but I think he has a good shot of being one of our top players this year.

I'm also surprised Davis isn't on the list at this point.  Jackson is there as an option as a fellow 2nd year 1st rounder, and I expect them to be on par with each other at the very least... Jones, Kline, and Woodyard are also options, and I expect Davis to outplay that trio by a pretty significant margin.  His playoff game, a Mariota bounce back, and a LaFleur offense are all good signs for Davis this year.  

I mean I can add him for sure/not a big deal, but if Davis gets even a single vote I'd be surprised. Jackson is up there because as a rookie he was one of the better cornersin the league last year, especially over the last half of the season. Davis had good game or two to end the year and that's about all he did.

I guess it's the argument of should this list be about what people have done or what you think they're going to do(I view it personally as a mix of both, but a heavy lean towards what they have done), and that's obviously up to the voter to decide.

I might vote Orakpo here but Butler is a good choice.      What would be interesting is  if we voted most important to the team. Either way I wouald have voted Marcus higher on the list

I went Woodyard. He’s not a big name not flashy but for this team he’s one of the best guys on it