Eli Manning on trial for fake memorabilia scam

WheatieMan

.......People realize how much Memborilia is faked right? Like f*** Eli for being an idiot and not just signing stuff for hours if he wanted to sell "memorabilia" but still this isn't a story.

Eli will probably settle for whatever damages and that will be the end of it, Given the dry off-season the media is gonna go crazy about this...

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy specifically prohibits fraud of any kind, so I wouldn't be so sure that there will be no NFL action, especially in the case he is found guilty. Even more so if the public outcry increases, as that is the main thing the NFL is concerned about.

If he's found guilty, he may actually have to do time for this, which would affect any NFL penalty in all likelihood (whether that's fair, or not). If he's found guilty, but doesn't get locked up, I'd imagine the league would suspend him for a year, at least...and he'd almost certainly retire. 

33 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If he's found guilty, he may actually have to do time for this, which would affect any NFL penalty in all likelihood (whether that's fair, or not). If he's found guilty, but doesn't get locked up, I'd imagine the league would suspend him for a year, at least...and he'd almost certainly retire. 

21 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Yeah, think he'll probably get suspended for this, not sure about any jail time. 

It's a civil suit.  I don't think he'll do any NFL time. 

If the case isn't going his way, I'd imagine they'll settle in-trial - basically, he gets to pull an Eli 2016-17 and throw the ball away at the lineman's feet if there's too much pressure coming.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's a civil suit.  I don't think he'll do any NFL time. 

If the case isn't going his way, I'd imagine they'll settle in-trial - basically, he gets to pull an Eli 2016-17 and throw the ball away at the lineman's feet if there's too much pressure coming.

Didn't catch that it was a civil suit, and kind of surprised that's all it is.

But there have been players suspended without any charges of any kind leveled against them. He may get suspended, even if he settles. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Didn't catch that it was a civil suit, and kind of surprised that's all it is.

But there have been players suspended without any charges of any kind leveled against them. He may get suspended, even if he settles. 

The key element though is that the affected party cooperated with the NFL in those other cases.   That's not likely going to happen with any settlement, given the NDA's that usually are involved.   

If Eli is cleared, it's a civil case so it won't carry nearly as much weight.   If he settles, no doubt it would come with a NDA.    Let's face it, the moral outrage is going to be pretty tepid, without a clear criminal conviction, or details which describe a terrible act.  It sounds like he said/she said here. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Maybe the Pats and Giants should have gone Darnold, Jackson then. :o

You realize if I reply to that seriously there will be about 10+ pages of rehash on the 1.2 pick right?    

Really we can just relink the Draft Forum thread on what they should do with the 1.2 pick lol.  

6 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

.......People realize how much Memborilia is faked right? Like f*** Eli for being an idiot and not just signing stuff for hours if he wanted to sell "memorabilia" but still this isn't a story.

Eli will probably settle for whatever damages and that will be the end of it, Given the dry off-season the media is gonna go crazy about this...

LOL.

"A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit that claimed New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning provided bogus “game-worn” equipment that was sold to unsuspecting collectors. Jury selection was to have begun this week in New Jersey. A spokesman for the defendants, who included Manning, the Giants and the team’s equipment managers, says a confidential settlement was reached on Monday. Manning and the team had denied the allegations."

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

"A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit that claimed New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning provided bogus “game-worn” equipment that was sold to unsuspecting collectors. Jury selection was to have begun this week in New Jersey. A spokesman for the defendants, who included Manning, the Giants and the team’s equipment managers, says a confidential settlement was reached on Monday. Manning and the team had denied the allegations."

bet the settlement was Eli giving over a truck load of "game worn" helmets that he swears are legit this time

Archived