Eli Manning on trial for fake memorabilia scam

WheatieMan

Edited the thread title to explain better what this news story is about.

This isn't really new, but I suppose the fact it's actually going to trial is new. Please remember to keep discussion on this topic to how it will affect Manning, the Giants, and/or the NFL in general. If Manning is found guilty, will the NFL or the Giants suspend him? If a settlement is reached or he is found not guilty, will the NFL react anyways? How will the Giants be affected if Eli Manning can't play the first few games of the season? Will this affect the way the NFL verifies game-used memorabilia or result in a rules change regarding how a player can sign deals with third parties?

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If Manning is found guilty, will the NFL or the Giants suspend him?

no

If a settlement is reached or he is found not guilty, will the NFL react anyways?

Eli Manning will not be suspended for this

How will the Giants be affected if Eli Manning can't play the first few games of the season?

lol

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Will this affect the way the NFL verifies game-used memorabilia or result in a rules change regarding how a player can sign deals with third parties?

Eli Manning will not be suspended but I imagine a player that doesn't play for the Giants will eventually be suspended for doing something wrong

The stakes were raised in the lawsuit in April 2017 when Inselberg's attorneys filed court documents that contained emails between Manning and equipment manager Joseph Skiba, who also is a defendant in the lawsuit. In one email, Manning asks Skiba to get "2 helmets that can pass as game used."

Seems clear evidence of intent to defraud on Mr. Manning's side.........

50 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

no

Eli Manning will not be suspended for this

lol

Eli Manning will not be suspended but I imagine a player that doesn't play for the Giants will eventually be suspended for doing something wrong

The NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy specifically prohibits fraud of any kind, so I wouldn't be so sure that there will be no NFL action, especially in the case he is found guilty. Even more so if the public outcry increases, as that is the main thing the NFL is concerned about.

I'd heard that he and his wife have done a lot of charitable events, but defrauding people to make money off memorabilia? Come on Eli.

If he's found guilty I suppose the NFL might give him a game for conduct detrimental to the league, but I doubt that happens. Mara wouldn't allow it, and that matters.

50 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The real Q is whether Brady was generally aware or not.   10 games coming if he was.

I wouldn't rule-out Zeke having a hand in this.  Feed that kid a 6-game sandwich whether or not he has two off-duty cop affidavits..

Archived