Sign in to follow this  
mistakey

LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

oh look hes an expert on cardiology as well

Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif?ssl=1

I legit LOL'd. Man I want this Mistake all the time! It brings back good memories from the good ol' days.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well said, it’s not personal for Christ’s sake.  I’m sure he’s a great guy.

He’s just done an awful job coaching and a worse job owning his failures as a coach.

Funniest thing is... No one had a problem year 1 when it came to owning failures... every sing press conference ... in every article... He took responsibility ... Gregg Williams joined the staff and said in his intro presser that he never saw a coach that disciplined in carrying the whole load of things...

Hue knew we needed to improve a ton... what we did was...In year two, cut Joe Haden (who the coaches believed in and relied on for leadership), traded Demario Davis (who the coaches believed in and relied on for leadership), didn't resign Terrelle Pryor (who the coaches believed was their best offensive weapon), Added 7-8 Rookie/First Year Starters (coaches knew this would lead to losing), and adding Kevin Zeitler, J.C. Tretter, Jason McCourty...

He to me was a dejected and more apathetic coach in year 2 knowing he had a losing hand... Throughout the course of the 2nd year we as fans also became miserable, more dejected and apathetic... The losing took a toll on us... the losing took a toll on the organization and Hue... he started to let things slip in defense of himself in pressers when he was under fire... on Crowell, on the overall talent of the team ("we're not equipped" comments), on the FOs... from there as weary fanbase anything that came out in the media negative about the FO or sources then became directly from Hue's mouth.... or Hue's "camp"... despite these same writers having the worst "sources" ever when it comes to draft time or really  anything else...

It's all added up to where people don't even realize (maybe b/c they don't remember or never watched football) .. that the comments Hue's made are the same one's Jim Mora, Holmgren, Cowher, Dan Reeves, Dennis Smith, Jay Gruden, Mike Shannahan, Jon Gruden, Vince Lombardi, Mike Martz, Pete Carroll, Bill Walsh (those are just the one's off my head that I vividly remember either through nfl films, reruns of pressers on sportscter, or nfl history... all had comments critical of the FO or players at times... no worse than Hue...

The reason why Hue's is so bad is b/c we are in the Golden era of Belichickian coaching where the best football coach in the game says literally nothing to the press...

People have lost the memory of the other coaches memorable pressers or headline controversies... therefore, Hue's looks unique in history... with the horrific win-loss record ... it all amounts to "he's the worst coach ever" in Browns fans minds...

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mistakey said:

oh look hes an expert on cardiology as well

Saying the heart is put under stress in cold === a guy saying he's an expert on cardiology... LOL

Saying the sky appears blue to our eyes === a guy saying he's an expert on earth science ....

Oh don't worry... I already know you're the type that thinks science and reading of books is all a hoax to stop us from using our 'Merican gut to bring ourselves and the world sweet liberty and freedom...

That sweet bliss and certainty that you live in... is a state of mind that I could only dream to have..

And with those responses.. I'm out...

When we're 2-2... to start the season seems like a good time to see where things are on this thing

Edited by Mind Character

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Saying the heart is put under stress in cold === a guy saying he's an expert on cardiology... LOL

Saying the sky appears blue to our eyes === a guy saying he's an expert on earth science ....

Oh don't worry... I already know you're the type that thinks science and reading of books is all a hoax to stop us from using our 'Merican gut to bring ourselves and the world sweet liberty and freedom...

That sweet bliss and certainty that you live in... is a state of mind that I could only dream to have..

And with those responses.. I'm out...

When we're 2-2... to start the season seems like a good time to see where things are on this thing

you got me

Ugh, I was hoping for a classic (or should I say, NEO-CLASSIC) response from mistake about existentialism!!! Come on! You've changed man! LOL

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ugh, I was hoping for a classic (or should I say, NEO-CLASSIC) response from mistake about existentialism!!! Come on! You've changed man! LOL

im more of an absurdist these days, the trial got to me

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Funniest thing is... No one had a problem year 1 when it came to owning failures... every sing press conference ... in every article... He took responsibility ... Gregg Williams joined the staff and said in his intro presser that he never saw a coach that disciplined in carrying the whole load of things...

He did do better year one, no doubt.  But he also had 6 guys taking snaps at QB so the excuses were built in as well as the “new car smell” having not worn off yet.

Hue knew we needed to improve a ton... what we did was...In year two, cut Joe Haden (who the coaches believed in and relied on for leadership), traded Demario Davis (who the coaches believed in and relied on for leadership), didn't resign Terrelle Pryor (who the coaches believed was their best offensive weapon), Added 7-8 Rookie/First Year Starters (coaches knew this would lead to losing), and adding Kevin Zeitler, J.C. Tretter, Jason McCourty...

I realize this.  I never had an issue with them not being good.  My issue was he got as little as humanly possible out of the talent he provided. Was this a winning group?  Hell no, by design in fact. But the schemes were garbage and did nothing to cover up roster issues.   Hell, it seemed like the coaching staff was thumbing their nose at the front office with the schemes (Peppers in no man’s land, Kizer passing 75 times per game, etc)

He to me was a dejected and more apathetic coach in year 2 knowing he had a losing hand... Throughout the course of the 2nd year we as fans also became miserable, more dejected and apathetic... The losing took a toll on us... the losing took a toll on the organization and Hue... he started to let things slip in defense of himself in pressers when he was under fire... on Crowell, on the overall talent of the team ("we're not equipped" comments), on the FOs... from there as weary fanbase anything that came out in the media negative about the FO or sources then became directly from Hue's mouth.... or Hue's "camp"... despite these same writers having the worst "sources" ever when it comes to draft time or really  anything else...

You’re acknowledging the issues, you just don’t want to assign any of them blame to Hue.  

It's all added up to where people don't even realize (maybe b/c they don't remember or never watched football) .. that the comments Hue's made are the same one's Jim Mora, Holmgren, Cowher, Dan Reeves, Dennis Smith, Jay Gruden, Mike Shannahan, Jon Gruden, Vince Lombardi, Mike Martz, Pete Carroll, Bill Walsh (those are just the one's off my head that I vividly remember either through nfl films, reruns of pressers on sportscter, or nfl history... all had comments critical of the FO or players at times... no worse than Hue...

That’s very true.  Of course many of those guys had rings and a history of great success with the teams/players he was criticizing.  They weren’t 1-31 criticizing the talent in the locker room in-season.

The reason why Hue's is so bad is b/c we are in the Golden era of Belichickian coaching where the best football coach in the game says literally nothing to the press...

Eh, Mangini said dumb ish too bit he managed to ride Jerome Harrison and fake punts to 5-11 seasons with a way less talented roster. That’s the difference, some guys win, Hue hasn’t.

People have lost the memory of the other coaches memorable pressers or headline controversies... therefore, Hue's looks unique in history... with the horrific win-loss record ... it all amounts to "he's the worst coach ever" in Browns fans minds...

I don’t know if he is or isn’t, but he’s been bad and I’m not sure that’s even a debatable point by anyone even remotely objective right now.

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Mistake?????

Lol, bruh, no.  He’s pretty much the opposite of that guy.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re acknowledging the issues, you just don’t want to assign any of them blame to Hue.  

We've had this disagreement multiple times... I think we agree and disagree on a lot in the argument...

Never.. I have blamed Hue tons of times... that's what's always lost in my posts... but I see Hue within the contexts of past and present head coaches and their relation with their media, FO, and players... as well as I see him in the context of the toll of losing/playing with a bad hand.

It's just my belief that if one takes into account the history of highly successful coaches and their publicized issues with FO, players, other coaches, etc in the media... including even young Belichick... what Hue's done here is very very unsurprising and not atypical for alpha football coach types... 

In the past, I highlighted the context of even coaches this past year that had issues similar to Hue based on their media, fans, etc... notwithstanding the losing...

---------------------------------------------

Eh, Mangini said dumb ish too bit he managed to ride Jerome Harrison and fake punts to 5-11 seasons with a way less talented roster. That’s the difference, some guys win, Hue hasn’t.

Agreed.. Only difference was that 15-17 of 22 starters weren't in there first or 2nd year.... including a 3rd round QB in one year and a 2nd round QB the next...

I don’t know if he is or isn’t, but he’s been bad and I’m not sure that’s even a debatable point by anyone even remotely objective right now.

The one thing I hate the most is that somehow me pushing back and detailing context and trying to differentiate and explain that some issues with Hue are really him being terrible and some other things are just being framed in terms of confirmation bias (i.e., Kessler "Trust Me", RG3, etc).

If the thought is Hue's been bad..in my mind everything I say supports that claim, but just has some nuance...

------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, instead of saying "Hue's blamed others... he's the worst coach ever... everything is mostly his fault... he lied on Cody Kessler, he lied and was idiotic on RG3, Kizer...the young QBs sucking are his fault... his words show he's not an expert..."

I instead say " Hue's blamed others... been terrible in situational football at times, been a bad HC based on many factors...been a good HC on others as many of his game plans were good and his players fight... the Kessler "trust me" thing is coach speak in response to 2 back to back terrible questions from media calling Kessler and our FO complete failures... the RG3 was hyperbolic speak on a good gamble with little financial risk on a player who had some of the most supreme gifts and play of young QB who's success was only derailed by injuries and some youthful immaturity, we all knew Kizer should've never player and was overwhelmed, but the organization had to find out about him by the end of the year and were in the "Suck for Darnold" game... he's been a QB and top 2 offensive expert in the past...

-------------------------------------------------------

To me, it's just a matter of nuance.... for some everything and I mean everything is evidence of Hue's incompetence and there's nothing positive to say and if someone should bring up context or a positive it's dismissed as irrational and erroneous....  for me he's been bad, a lot is his fault, a lot is not, and he's no different than other coaches and their issues when those coaches were surrounded with a similar context...

----------------------------------------

So we'll just have to agree to disagree again... and again....

Edited by Mind Character

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

102417_Hue-Jackson-Foundation.jpg

Just a reminder of Hue's logo for his human sex trafficking foundation.

e1299ebb8214f92f6ad797b0d52c853e--nathan

I have a feeling Hue Jackson Foundation is the next Comet Ping-pong.

I hope the entire cleveland Browns roster and the entire staff jump into the Lake and Hue drops like 150k

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I have a feeling Hue Jackson Foundation is the next Comet Ping-pong.

It’s literally the worst possible logo for an anti human trafficking charity.  Why the hell the H got umlauts anyways ? In what language are we in?

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

It’s literally the worst possible logo for an anti human trafficking charity.  Why the hell the H got umlauts anyways ? In what language are we in?

It would work better for a human trafficking business.