Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mistakey

LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I really dislike "the cleanse" idea of the lake dip. Like it was something beyond their control that needed exercised. We started the worst option at QB and were probably the worst coached team. Demons aren't responsible, Hue and company are and they were just tempting fate with the whole idea because if the cleanse would have really worked the undertow would have taken a large number of people under.

Lol we did not start the worst option we had at QB.  That's totally dishonest.  Fans would have called for Kizer after 1 game of Osweiler, Hogan, or Kessler.  Sashi armed Hue with 4 absolute turds at QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lol we did not start the worst option we had at QB.  That's totally dishonest.  Fans would have called for Kizer after 1 game of Osweiler, Hogan, or Kessler.  Sashi armed Hue with 4 absolute turds at QB.

Well Brock wasn't on the roster but Kessler proved he could keep his team competitive he just couldn't win games or run Hue's offense the way he wanted. Hogan showed in less action that he could move the ball better but he also turned it over a lot. Kizer lost us a lot of games. Kizer was historically bad and he was as anti-clutch as you can be on top of it. He was a rookie with bad receiving options much of the year but he was bad for a 2nd round rookie. Probably average for a a rookie UDFA. Better skills, but just as bad of a QB.

I'm sorry if you're a fan and he certainly can get better and even be a viable starter because he has the tools but he was a turnover machine who was inaccurate. Starting him was fine, once he proved he shouldn't be in there, maybe after 6 or 7 games, he should have sat the rest of the year. It was an embarrassment for him and the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well Brock wasn't on the roster but Kessler proved he could keep his team competitive he just couldn't win games or run Hue's offense the way he wanted. Hogan showed in less action that he could move the ball better but he also turned it over a lot. Kizer lost us a lot of games. Kizer was historically bad and he was as anti-clutch as you can be on top of it. He was a rookie with bad receiving options much of the year but he was bad for a 2nd round rookie. Probably average for a a rookie UDFA. Better skills, but just as bad of a QB.

I'm sorry if you're a fan and he certainly can get better and even be a viable starter because he has the tools but he was a turnover machine who was inaccurate. Starting him was fine, once he proved he shouldn't be in there, maybe after 6 or 7 games, he should have sat the rest of the year. It was an embarrassment for him and the team.

I'm not a fan of all 4 of those guys.  They were all terrible.  If Kizer had the preseason he had and we tried to ride Kessler or Hogan instead then fans would have been screaming for a QB change within 2 games.  We tried to start Hogan for 1 game, absolutely nobody thought we should have started him for a second.  You just said it yourself that Kessler proved he couldn't win games.  Kizer was in competitive games like Kessler was, just made more mistakes.  Made more plays too.

The take that starting Kizer was "the worst possible option" is distorting reality.  Outside of the fact he legitimately outperformed, or at worse, was on par with his comp, if we don't start Kizer then who knows if we feel comfortable moving on from him.  I, for one, am happy to trade him to GB, trade for Tyrod Taylor, and draft Baker.  It was probably the best option to play him through actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Made more plays too.

Eh, not really. Had a much lower TD percentage and a much lower yards per completion. He threw the ball down the field a lot more but that had a lot more to do with us turning it over and not keeping drives alive resulting in the QB losing us games than it did resulting in big plays for our offense. I'm not saying a lot of plays were there but just attempting plays that aren't there is losing your team games.

Doesn't really matter at this point though they are someone elses concern but I still believe coaching and starting spot decisions were really bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, not really. Had a much lower TD percentage and a much lower yards per completion. He threw the ball down the field a lot more but that had a lot more to do with us turning it over and not keeping drives alive resulting in the QB losing us games than it did resulting in big plays for our offense. I'm not saying a lot of plays were there but just attempting plays that aren't there is losing your team games.

Doesn't really matter at this point though they are someone elses concern but I still believe coaching and starting spot decisions were really bad.

Kessler was semi-competent and looked like a good ball protector in 2016 but was an absolute mess this past season. He was awful right from pre-season on.

Our QB room of 2017 was historically bad and it was reprehensible that any NFL team would start a season with that group. None entered the season with an NFL win and none finished the season with an NFL win. The only one with someday possible NFL starter tools was Kizer but management and Hue fumbled the ball by not having a veteran starting and working with the ultra young and green QB (needed someone like McCown and not Osweiler). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hilarity is that so many thought Kizer was the savior and not a project that should never have sniffed the field in year 1.  The poster that said fans would have wanted Hue’s head on a pike if we had started either of the other guys was exactly right though.  It was a no win situation for Hue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×