Texasmade

Elliott Suspension Discussion

135 posts in this topic

Desperado82    44

I still think it's BS to suspend him for the first incident. The most recent one...eh....questionable.

Texasmade    14
1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

I still think it's BS to suspend him for the first incident. The most recent one...eh....questionable.

I don't think they're going to suspend him for any one incident, so much as an accumulation of incidents of him being an idiot. 

Hopefully missing a couple game checks will motivate him to remove his head from his rectum. 

WizardHawk    5

Lot of chatter about 4-6 game susp.  That sounds like complete BS given what we know, but wouldn't surprise me in the least given Goodell's track record.

ware94    0

The incident at the parade and the alleged incident with the DJ is why he will be suspended. It's ultimately his fault for putting himself in this position. I think after appeal it will be 2 games. Had he not been involved with the two aforementioned situations (as involved as he may or may not have been), this would have already been put to bed without a suspension.

Desperado82    44
16 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Sounds like we should be prepared for 6...

Which is BS. 

Runaway Jim    2

If all it takes is an allegation to get someone suspended, an unscrupulous fan can get any player they want to suspended.

Desperado82    44
2 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

If all it takes is an allegation to get someone suspended, an unscrupulous fan can get any player they want to suspended.

Ok, let's all start making claims against Giant players.

WizardHawk    5
Posted (edited)

The level of inconsistency is the maddening part of all of this. But, again, this is par for the course with Goodell and NFL

Edited by WizardHawk

Northland    0

I read this morning to expect 6 games.  Regardless if he is suspended at all I'm boycotting the NFL.  I can find plenty to do with my Sundays, Monday nights, and Thursday nights

Desperado82    44
Just now, Northland said:

I read this morning to expect 6 games.  Regardless if he is suspended at all I'm boycotting the NFL.  I can find plenty to do with my Sundays, Monday nights, and Thursday nights

If he gets 6, I see an appeal coming. If that gets denied and he ends up with anything more than one, I might seriously consider boycotting as well.