Elliott Suspension Discussion

Texasmade

12 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

It's such a cluster flock I figure they're taking their sweet time as too given the impression they are doing their due diligence. 

Sounds about right.   The whole Zeke suspension has nothing to do with Zeke, but the NFL trying to go overboard now to fix their poor reputation on dealing with dv issues.  I'm sure some PR firm told them always punish the maximum, and if the suspension's reduced,  you still look like you're taking DV punishment seriously.  

I simply cannot fathom the thought process that led them to draw the investigation out for a year and then take such extraordinary steps to ignore their own investigator. And then publicly claim that they got it right when the local police "couldn't or wouldn't".  Just... if John Grisham had written novels like this no one would have ever published them because they would've blown willing suspension of disbelief out of the water.

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Speaking of Goodell, does he have some sort of life time contract with the NFL? Do the other owners feel he is still good for their league/product? I want this man out, but what fans want doesn't necessary mean it's what the owners want.

He has been at the head when the League has made a lot of money. It is a challenge. 

6 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Certainly would not be the first time the NFL has botched an investigation for PR reasons.  Been obvious to me since the evidence came out that Zeke was not guilty and was being set up.  Goodell and the NFL managing to make themselves look terrible again.

Goodell has an illustrious history of botching these things across the league. I wonder if the NFLPA will also can De Smith as its head for ignoring that part of the CBA and not attempting to have it removed during the last extension.

Archived