Elliott Suspension Discussion

Texasmade

19 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

If he gets 6, I see an appeal coming. If that gets denied and he ends up with anything more than one, I might seriously consider boycotting as well. 

For me it's the larger issue.  Police and prosecutors investigated and said case closed.  This is a vendetta.  There is no rhyme or reason as to how the NFL doles out punishment.  I'm hoping Jerry takes the league on.

10 minutes ago, Northland said:

For me it's the larger issue.  Police and prosecutors investigated and said case closed.  This is a vendetta.  There is no rhyme or reason as to how the NFL doles out punishment.  I'm hoping Jerry takes the league on.

To play devils advocate, Zeke being found not guilty, doesn't necessarily mean he's innocent. There's a lot grey area in cases like these that legal loop holes keep the authorities for diving into, so it's quite possible the league's investigators were able to uncover something two separate DA's were not. If that's the  case, then I highly doubt Jerry or Zeke, or the league for that matter, want that aired out publicly. 

I'm not assuming any of this to be true, just presenting a hypothetical for the sake of discussion. 

24 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

To play devils advocate, Zeke being found not guilty, doesn't necessarily mean he's innocent. There's a lot grey area in cases like these that legal loop holes keep the authorities for diving into, so it's quite possible the league's investigators were able to uncover something two separate DA's were not. If that's the  case, then I highly doubt Jerry or Zeke, or the league for that matter, want that aired out publicly. 

I'm not assuming any of this to be true, just presenting a hypothetical for the sake of discussion. 

I find it highly unlikely the NFL found something the police/DA did not. I believe it boils down to the NFL acting on hearsay and a culmination incidents. 

Archived