Elliott Suspension Discussion

Texasmade

4 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

I smell a Mara

That goes without saying.  His PK gets a game for admitting to being a serial abuser of his wife, and Elliott gets 6 when the authorities cleared him.  It's nuts.  Defies logic and reason 

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The level of inconsistency is the maddening part of all of this. But, again, this is par for the course with Goodell and NFL

Yea inconsistency always sucks..but it went from an issue they didn't care about to an issue they are very sensitive about now.

As it's continued to be a problem for the NFL, they've pushed it further to get the amount of time right...I think 4 games is where they are at for the most part, and probably be where Elliot is at when it's all said and done

It'll be interesting how this affects the offense and Dak specifically

This is the part I find maddening. Someone simply saying one negative thing about him, or any other player for that matter, now may end their career?

If I were an NFL player, I'd go on strike. Screw Goodell and anyone else who was in favor of this suspension.

I am dumbfounded by this. The NFL is claiming there are pictures with expert testimonies claiming he abused her. If thats true - why would the police dismiss it? It makes no sense at all. Zeke, obviously, has proof that she is lying about the whole thing.... yet that doesnt matter?

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

This is the part I find maddening. Someone simply saying one negative thing about him, or any other player for that matter, now may end their career?

If I were an NFL player, I'd go on strike. Screw Goodell and anyone else who was in favor of this suspension.

Why would players go on strike because Elliot is a woman beater?  That makes no sense.

According to the NFL's letter to Elliot, there is photo evidence, thousands of text messages and a dozen witnesses.  This investigation took nearly a year.  If nothing else it was thorough.  If this was all a rouse for extortion money, this girl did one heck of a job covering it up.  I mean, to not only doctor some bruises for photos and not leave tracks in a thousand text messages, but to also find fake witnesses to corroborate the story?  That's organized crime level class A extortion and cover up right there.  Quite frankly, I don't think she's capable of it.  

What I find fascinating is how despite this evidence there is such denial among the Cowboys fanbase.  I don't blame you because he is your star player and you want to root for him on Sundays with a clear conscience, but you really are kidding yourselves.  The reactions are eerily reminiscent though.  Fake news.  Witch hunt.  Unfair.  ... Sad. 

12 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Why would players go on strike because Elliot is a woman beater?  That makes no sense.

According to the NFL's letter to Elliot, there is photo evidence, thousands of text messages and a dozen witnesses.  This investigation took nearly a year.  If nothing else it was thorough.  If this was all a rouse for extortion money, this girl did one heck of a job covering it up.  I mean, to not only doctor some bruises for photos and not leave tracks in a thousand text messages, but to also find fake witnesses to corroborate the story?  That's organized crime level class A extortion and cover up right there.  Quite frankly, I don't think she's capable of it.  

What I find fascinating is how despite this evidence there is such denial among the Cowboys fanbase.  I don't blame you because he is your star player and you want to root for him on Sundays with a clear conscience, but you really are kidding yourselves.  The reactions are eerily reminiscent though.  Fake news.  Witch hunt.  Unfair.  ... Sad. 

Photo evidence that police and the DA didn't discover and/or use in a legal case? Yeah, okay. ¬¬

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

Photo evidence that police and the DA didn't discover and/or use in a legal case? Yeah, okay. ¬¬

Don't be naive about how the legal system works.  Many a guilty people have walked in this legal system.  With limited time and resources the DA will pursue the big fish and the easy fish.  A DV case that might get the first time offender some probation, and at the same time bring a media circus, is not worth it.

Just now, Gmen said:

Don't be naive about how the legal system works.  Many a guilty people have walked in this legal system.  With limited time and resources the DA will pursue the big fish and the easy fish.  A DV case that might get the first time offender some probation, and at the same time bring a media circus, is not worth it.

And many innocent people have been wrongly convicted.

1 minute ago, Texasmade said:

If nothing else, we should all get some good theatre out of all this. So that'll be nice. 

i don't know if Zeke is guilty, if he is, he deserves whatever is in store for him. but man... roger better be right, cause jerry is coming for his head.

Archived