Elliott Suspension Discussion

Texasmade

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I suspect you're probably right about suspension. Brady didn't get it reduced, Elliott won't either. DMC starts out of the gate. Alfred/Smith fight for carries. Also not discounting a trade either. Most likely scenario....more passes. 

I am really curious to see if Zeke does take this to court.  I know the rule is super vague and basically gives Goddell free reign, but if he can get a court that is not in NY, he stands a chance.  Does anyone know of any other scenarios where there was an investigation by a prosecutor / police and the NFL still threw the book at someone with no reduction in suspension?  I have to imagine there are plenty of judges out there that would not take kindly to the NFL playing law man regardless of their by laws.  That sets a standard that I imagine most states would not want. 

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Fatal Attraction much? This gets more ridiculous everyday. Not a real good look for Goodell and NFL either. 

Zeke need something new...I wonder if this will work as something new.  I wonder if this is the first time Columbus or the NFL have seen the actual reports and all that. 

Ray Rice -caught on video, guilty as sin- 2 games

J. Brown -admitted to multiple incidents of DV -1 game

G. Hardy -Involved in incident with GUNS on a bed -reduced from 10 to 4, more than 50%

T. Brady -Conduct unbecoming a pro football player, no actual proof- 4 games.

Z. Elliott -Dallas Cowboy star RB, game changer, not charged, sketchy information at best 6 GAMES!!!!!

Looking at this, there is absolutely NO consistency with the amount of games being levied OR consequential difference between the ones that were actually PROVEN guilty as to the ones that were speculated.

Also, if the NFL is so damn hard nosed on DV, then STOP letting players into the league that are guilty of it, and by guilty I mean caught on camera, proven in a court of law and convicted or at the very least, put on probation.

You want to send a message, there it is.

13 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Back on topic...

I think the general consensus is the same.  If Zeke did it, he probably should be out longer.  The problem is, the NFL made a decision and unlike a court, won't make anything public so no one except those involved with the incidents and the investigation will know what the NFL has or does not have.  Just seems insane that a person can make a decision based on a feeling.  I feel many ways throughout a day...yet they felt like they could believe the accuser despite her lying multiple times and trying to be shady.  That is just stupid.  

This was perfect for the NFL, they had egg on their face and they got a big name on the biggest team in the NFL and threw the book at him. A win for the small minority of NFL fans or those who just think the NFL is a run away train of thugs and a loss for those who understand things like the law and common sense. I will say it again here, if Zeke did this, he should be out at least 8 games, but if he did it, why can't the NFL show us what they found?  Theoretically the Ohio prosecutor would want that information and re-open the investigation right? 

Does anyone know if she filed a civil suit here?  If not, I have to question why.

I don't believe she has, and you answered your own question above. Her credibility is literally a negative value. Add in the reports of her calling him in September and the white woman vs black man comment and, well... let's just say a jury is not likely to be impressed.

2 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Zeke need something new...I wonder if this will work as something new.  I wonder if this is the first time Columbus or the NFL have seen the actual reports and all that. 

The truly hilarious bit to me is that this is the NFL's own website. Their "we're so forensic we can find things the police can't" comments are going to look pretty damned stupid if they want to pretend they didn't know about this.

23 hours ago, Dirk Gently said:

The truly hilarious bit to me is that this is the NFL's own website. Their "we're so forensic we can find things the police can't" comments are going to look pretty damned stupid if they want to pretend they didn't know about this.

Agreed.  This all just smells so fishy.  If there is damming evidence, you'd think the actual investigators would want it, not the pretend guys from the NFL. 

New information on Bleacher Report http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727754-ezekiel-elliotts-accuser-admitted-to-talk-of-using-sex-videos-as-leverage

Supposedly she discussed leaking sex tapes of her and Zeke to use as blackmail.

I wonder if Zeke's lawyers kept more information to themselves that would help their case as they were prepared the NFL was going to suspend him no matter what and use this information to get it reduced. 

Sounds stupid but so much more info has come out the last few days as reasons why he shouldnt be suspended at all.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

New information on Bleacher Report http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727754-ezekiel-elliotts-accuser-admitted-to-talk-of-using-sex-videos-as-leverage

Supposedly she discussed leaking sex tapes of her and Zeke to use as blackmail.

I wonder if Zeke's lawyers kept more information to themselves that would help their case as they were prepared the NFL was going to suspend him no matter what and use this information to get it reduced. 

Sounds stupid but so much more info has come out the last few days as reasons why he shouldnt be suspended at all.

more likely they simply kept it private for his sake, but now that the nfl has come down, they are making it public to help clear his image.

If the thing had gone away, none of this would make zeke look better.

34 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

more likely they simply kept it private for his sake, but now that the nfl has come down, they are making it public to help clear his image.

If the thing had gone away, none of this would make zeke look better.

Makes sense, didnt think about it like that. 

Part of me wants to say his suspension should get reduced based on everything that has come out. 

A bigger part of me is saying no chance because the NFL is going to do what it wants to do and it seems like making an example out of Zeke is a bigger priority. ( I mean this in the most sensitive way based on the info that we know. If he is in fact guilty then he should be gone for the season).

Archived