What is your REALISTIC expectation for this year?

BigD1123

Well at least we won’t be the team to give them their first win. Did all of the people in the media think we would want Gruden to run the ball more? I’ll say this, we are more competitive than last year and move the ball better on offense. Lots of poor execution this week when it mattered.

1 minute ago, billking said:

I want to be optimistic but I see your point, this could really boil over. 

I can see being optimistic.  Any given Sunday, right?  ??‍♂️

I just haven't seen us ready.  We come out hot early and then... The opponent adjusts and we don't.  You'd think all the film Gruden studied while he was wacking off in the TV booth would come in handy and it hasn't.  

• 3 months later...
On 9/8/2018 at 1:47 PM, G said:

With Mack gone I lower it to 6-10

Well it sucks to be right but this season is a perfect example of what happens when you mess with team chemistry. Here's what I said in the locked Mack traded thread.

"Mack and Carr were the two guys who changed the culture around here. They are the TWO WHO DESERVE to get PAID! Yes I've been willing to trade Mack because I understand the business side of it, but I DO think this will take us out of the playoff race this season. Players will be pissed and it WILL be in the back of their minds. Chucky WILL cut someone to make a point mid-season (probably Irvin) if he feels he's being betrayed."

Looking back we can see that the trade really affected the vets. We lost Mack right before our opener and we still had the Rams at halftime. Each fall apart in the 4th game after that sucked the rest of the joy out of the game for the players.Before Cooper was traded explayer who knew him were even pointing it out. You can see as the young players got more time the desire to win comes back and some vets know they'll probably be here so it's time to compete. We aren't as bad as ur record talent wise but that's what happens when you destroy chemistry and it's taken most of the season to start to get that chemistry back. It's not here yet because we still wonder what Gruden might do with Carr.

We should be better next season but I honestly don't think free agents will sign with us until last second or if we overpay long term deals.We really have too much 'drama' until we are in Vegas. I'm there now and it was great to see the stadium as I drove by yesterday. Our future is bright but next season I still see as a struggle because of uncertainty. I hope I'm wrong and I would like to win the last game being we aren't picking top 2. Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise and rival/beat the Dline talent of the 2011 draft. 

Win or lose in the future, I'd say the NFL will never forget what happened with us this season. Lessons learned and hopefully not repeated. Roughest season for me as a fan personally but at least I got to see a game and cheer when hope was at it's highest.

Just WIN Chucky...

Archived