What is your REALISTIC expectation for this year?

BigD1123

2 hours ago, raidersedge said:

I don't think a winning season is unrealistic. Coaching is going to be much improved, a healthy Derek Carr and finally Raiders will have an interior pass rush. Predicting wins is so hard its pretty much pointless but I do believe we can compete with anyone.

It's not unrealistic. Coaching improved. Can Derek Carr stay healthy? Where is interior pass rush? I just see some unproven rookies being counted on to improve it.

14 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

I've seen enough of Maurice Hurst to know he will be our best DT in a very long. Should have been a first round pick. I understand he's a rookie but this staff will put him in position to be very successful.

I love player comparisons.  Who is he? 

IMO this should be a winning season and a trip to the playoffs. I have lofty expectations for Gruden. That's not to say I can't see us faltering, but I think it's not unreasonable to have that expectation, I know the players and coaching staff do. With Gruden's offensive prowess, and we saw the capability of this offensive personnel 2 years ago.... that alone led to 12 wins and that was with a paltry defense. The core of this team has proven it can win with a potent offense and bland defense, I think Gruden gets us back to at least that point, and Guenther raises the expectation bar. 

8 or 9 wins wouldn't be the end of the world and would set the bar for going forward, but it would be a let down and disappointment to the team and fans.

Not sure if this belongs here, but I guess it does because it affects expectations, do any of you think that other than waiting on Donald’s contract, the raiders want to see what happens with Miller’s development so we can cut Penn? Not saying I am suggesting this move, but that’s ten mil we can give to Mack. I don’t love this situation right now but I guess that is what happens when you have big time talent. That’s a problem we haven’t had in a long time. Not like we are the only team dealing with this. Hopefully it all works out in the end and Mack can help our new pass rushers assault QBs.

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Not sure if this belongs here, but I guess it does because it affects expectations, do any of you think that other than waiting on Donald’s contract, the raiders want to see what happens with Miller’s development so we can cut Penn? Not saying I am suggesting this move, but that’s ten mil we can give to Mack. I don’t love this situation right now but I guess that is what happens when you have big time talent. That’s a problem we haven’t had in a long time. Not like we are the only team dealing with this. Hopefully it all works out in the end and Mack can help our new pass rushers assault QBs.

Hmm interesting. I may be wrong here, but my understanding/expectation was that Mack’s deal would be structured like a long-term extension to his current deal. Meaning this year he would still be making the $13.5 or so million due under his 5th year option. Which is already factored into the team's current  cap. So the current cap situation isn’t too much of an issue. Could be wrong on that though but just my view.

Who are you predictions for the following:

Breakout guy: Maurice Hurst

Comeback kid: Amari Cooper

Rising Star: Gareon Conley

Don't forget about: Doug Martin

Needs to rebound: Mario Edwards Jr.

Darkhorse MVP: Bruce Irvin

Under the Radar: Rashaan Melvin 

For the heck of it figured I'd do offense and defense separate.

Breakout guy: Coop / Conley

Comeback kid: Jackson / Obi

Rising Star: K.Miller / Morrow

Don't forget about: J.Cook / Gilchrist 

Needs to rebound: Coop / MEJ

Darkhorse MVP: Hudson / Irvin 

Under the Radar: Richard / Melvin

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Who are you predictions for the following:

Breakout guy: Martavis Bryant

Comeback kid: Derek Carr

Rising Star: Rashaan Melvin