What is your REALISTIC expectation for this year?

BigD1123

16 minutes ago, G said:

GB, Pats any team that has had a good/great QB in a similar system (HC) over time will always have an advantage week 1. Hopefully one day we will be the same because of stability at HC and Carr. 

BP I hope you're right. Our future will be better but being I'll be at the opener tonight I preferred to win now before leaving Oakland. 

That's the problem with the fan base. Some think after a flukey 2016 season winning a lot of last second affairs, balls bouncing the right way there was a "win now" opportunity. 

This roster is so void of talent from poor drafting, that was never going to happen. There was zero sense in forcing the "we gotta win for Oakland" shtick. The middle finger was waived at Oakland long ago. This team is looking beyond the next 2 years.

The Raiders need starting caliber talent at CB, LB, S and Dline on defense. T, RB, WR, TE on offense in the upcoming offseasons. It's going to take a lot of work before they can win much of anything. Trading Mack was an admission of that. If Gruden thought they were a Mack away from winning it all, he'd not have traded it for future assets.

On 9/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, G said:

No but losing Mack and the lockroom because of it can account for 4 loses.

Mack almost won the game tonight for the Bears. Problem is Aaron Rodgers...

There's 1 at Denver. I won't stop until the team shuts me up. It's going to be an interesting season xD YES! I'M STILL PISSED!!! and I don't want to let it go and move on. Them team has to shut me up and so far it looks like I'll be needing a lot of cheese because of the wine. WAHHHH!!!! O.o

It was always going to be tough with Mack out. We can't generate enough pressure. This year will tell us who we have on the roster and who we don't. Next year we can reload with new FA's and a host of young draft picks, many of whom (mainly 1st rounders) could contribute right away as starters.

Imagine if we added LB Devin White and DE Clellin Ferrell to the starting defense. That would be a substantial upgrade. 
Schematically, we're using diverse formations and doing some things. But we need more young talent. And I'm hopeful that we'll acquire it.

Do note that our schedule is pretty weak this year. If we get hot, something crazy isn't out of the question. I believe in this team more after this week, but man it hurts to lose that game. 

People need to be more accountable on both sides of the ball. And Irvin owes us all an apology for his garbage play.

Also guys, Gruden wants to win a 'ship. That means short term sacrifice for long term benefit. Adding talented rooks gives us a longer window to win by maintaining cap flexibility.

Consider that coaching is the most important aspect of football because it's not cap mediated. We finally have a staff guys. If we get players, these guys can put them in positions to make plays and win games.

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also guys, Gruden wants to win a 'ship. That means short term sacrifice for long term benefit. Adding talented rooks gives us a longer window to win by maintaining cap flexibility.

Consider that coaching is the most important aspect of football because it's not cap mediated. We finally have a staff guys. If we get players, these guys can put them in positions to make plays and win games.

You make it sound like its easy. Like once you get the staff, the building the roster is no sweat. I agree with you though. Fact is the focus is opening day of Vegas. Thats the day they want to start being competitive for playoffs. Raiders fans need to come to grips with that. 

19 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You make it sound like its easy. Like once you get the staff, the building the roster is no sweat. I agree with you though. Fact is the focus is opening day of Vegas. Thats the day they want to start being competitive for playoffs. Raiders fans need to come to grips with that. 

0-2 now.

Im looking for 8-9 wins. But forsee 7.hope to get breaks in steeler and colts games.

Dolphins- W. 

Browns- W

Chargers- W

Seahawks - L

Colts - L

49ers- W

Chargers - L 

Cardinals- 75% W

Ravens - W

Chiefs - L.  Chiefs- L

Steelers- L 

Bengals- W

Broncos - W

On 9/16/2018 at 5:20 PM, G said:

There's 1 at Denver. I won't stop until the team shuts me up. It's going to be an interesting season xD YES! I'M STILL PISSED!!! and I don't want to let it go and move on. Them team has to shut me up and so far it looks like I'll be needing a lot of cheese because of the wine. WAHHHH!!!! O.o

ZERO pass rush and 4th quarter collaspe I'd say we win that with Mack. SHUT ME UP!!! Prove me wrong Chuckster... 6-10 might be too many wins. UGH!!!

Best looking 0-3 team I've ever seen. 

Seahawks and Colts might be our only wins if the 4th quarter problem isn't fixed.

Archived