This is America

Manny/Patrick

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Nothing is stopping you from sharing it.

Except for a bunch of the rules clearly outlined on the site regarding discussions on race, religion and politics.  But yeah, otherwise, nothing is stopping me. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Except for a bunch of the rules clearly outlined on the site regarding discussions on race, religion and politics.  But yeah, otherwise, nothing is stopping me. 

forums.footballsfuture.com/forum/62-politics-and-religion/

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is true. This topic is going to ride the line because we do want you guys to be able to discuss artistic works, including the social commentary. However, with this one in particular it will be hard not to bring up things like gun laws, racial inequities, etc etc. Let's try to keep conversation about the quality of the video and the artistic choices (does he get across his message).

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Okay, then why allude to the literature in the first place? I’m all down for a good book that expands the mind or POV.

But if you didn’t feel as though it will add to the topic in a responsible manner, why bring it up. Why not just PM the book recommendation or something?

Okay, then why allude to the literature in the first place? I’m all down for a good book that expands the mind or POV.

But if you didn’t feel as though it will add to the topic in a responsible manner, why bring it up. Why not just PM the book recommendation or something?

The literature thing was a joke.  Basically, I disagree with everything you said in your post and I think you missed the entire point of everything in the video. 

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The literature thing was a joke.  Basically, I disagree with everything you said in your post and I think you missed the entire point of everything in the video. 

Yeah, I got that. Which is why I asked the rhetorical question in the first place. To force you to admit that your goal wasn’t to discuss this video in a civilized manner, but instead to troll the topic with “subtle” statements that suggested advanced knowledge on the subject.

Its like going to an art gallery and stating that someone’s interpretation of the art is wrong and you had the book to prove it, only not actually having a book. Instead you just wanted to sew discord within the gallery for no apparent reason.

======================

In terms of this ACTUAL topic at hand of this artistic piece and its expression. This is a video of college students reactions to it. There was actually a lot of symbolism that I didn’t even notice on my viewing of this. Much deeper than I even thought.

Yeah, I got that. Which is why I asked the rhetorical question in the first place. To force you to admit that your goal wasn’t to discuss this video in a civilized manner, but instead to troll the topic with “subtle” statements that suggested advanced knowledge on the subject.

Wasn't trolling  you, man.  It was a joke about my desire to discuss it, but realizing that, based on the site rules, I can't. 

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

The symbolism is in line the rest of Hollywood's pandering and virtue signaling... So it's par for the course.

One element that really ruffled my feathers is how it tried to suggest that media tries sweeping the subject under the rug and it's like... No, that's literally the exact opposite of what the media does.  And... Like... This exact video is proof of that.  Lol. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I didn't even know he was married.  Has nothing to do with that, and it has everything to do with everything he does that is directly hypocritical to everything he says he is against. 

You should watch his SNL skit then as Lando. 

Archived