Greg Williams on Denzel Ward. Lets think about this more

brownie man

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I think Hue and Greggggg were btching so much to Sashi that they wanted to "show him" by playing ludicrous formations.  But I think they truly thought that was the best strategy, given the personnel they were forced to use.  I disagree personally, but I do think the dysfunction between FO and coaching staff was pretty deep.  I have no sources, as usual.  Just reading the tea leaves.

I’m 100% in agreement, so much of what they did seemed like they were clearly thumbing their noses at the FO.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don't think hue and Williams would of wanted the caliber of GM in Dorsey. i bet they want a Kohinis type that would do their bidding. 

I bet you are right, There is no way they can try and con Dorsey. Where as a GM with far less of a football background may have found them intimidating.

In all honestly I'm thinking (or at least hoping) that Huebris has zero say in the Browns goings on. I think Dorsey is gonna say take these players and do what you can with it and I'll have my HC in here next year. When it's his guy in there at HC, I think he'll listen to the new guys opinions because they will hopefully be on the same page for a change (which will be a pleasant change).

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don't think hue and Williams would of wanted the caliber of GM in Dorsey. i bet they want a Kohinis type that would do their bidding. 

I think that they could care less as long as the GM brings in talented players that fit the schemes.

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

In all honestly I'm thinking (or at least hoping) that Huebris has zero say in the Browns goings on. I think Dorsey is gonna say take these players and do what you can with it and I'll have my HC in here next year. When it's his guy in there at HC, I think he'll listen to the new guys opinions because they will hopefully be on the same page for a change (which will be a pleasant change).

What exactly makes you think that Hue is not Dorsey's guy?  Of course, Hue was here first, is there any other reason?  Dorsey has literally said nothing to lead anyone to think that he is not.

https://media.giphy.com/media/mHjBdBZuqBvJC/giphy.gif

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I bet you are right, There is no way they can try and con Dorsey. Where as a GM with far less of a football background may have found them intimidating.

I also think Hue put himself on a hotter seat with Dorsey. I don't think Sachin would have the pull of getting a better coach than Hue.  If Hue goes someone decent will coach for Dorsey and Jimmy.

6 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

What exactly makes you think that Hue is not Dorsey's guy?  Of course, Hue was here first, is there any other reason?  Dorsey has literally said nothing to lead anyone to think that he is not.

https://media.giphy.com/media/mHjBdBZuqBvJC/giphy.gif

From the simple fact they have not worked together before and as far as I can tell have not been connected at all before this year. 

21 hours ago, mistakey said:

jabrill peppers is still moving back into position as we speak

He'll probably cross paths with Hue at some point several hundred yards off the coast when Hue jumps in the lake

2 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

From the simple fact they have not worked together before and as far as I can tell have not been connected at all before this year. 

So, essentially you are investing into Wild tin foil hat speculation rather that what both involved parties are saying.  Gotcha.

2 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Sometimes having complete opposites can workout. If we got a Dorsey guy he could always give into Dorsey. Not being connected can give each other proper prospectives they might need. 

21 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I was a big fan of Williams coming into last year. But how he used our DBs last year was hard to defend. A common fan could observe the issues with Peppers at “angel” and CBs eight yards off receivers and see it getting exploited, without adjustment, all year long. 

I will say his Halo defense wasn’t a first time here. He also ran that defense when he was with the saints the year they won the Super Bowl. I can’t remember the link but they had pictures and videos backing it as evidence. Difference is they didn’t utilize it as much. Williams might of been forced in using it more this year. 

I also think he was so afraid of the DBs would get burn hence the halo safety and the cushion off the line. Has to be a reason why the entire secondary was completely rebuilt. The browns have no returning player coming back in the position or spot on the depth chart that they were at last year. Some returning players but they are no longer starters or they are now deeper on the depth chart. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I will say his Halo defense wasn’t a first time here. He also ran that defense when he was with the saints the year they won the Super Bowl. I can’t remember the link but they had pictures and videos backing it as evidence. Difference is they didn’t utilize it as much. Williams might of been forced in using it more this year. 

As an occasional thing I see it.  Teams run goal line formations sometimes too, and it’s effective.  That doesn’t mean it then becomes your base defense.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I also think he was so afraid of the DBs would get burn hence the halo safety and the cushion off the line.

Well thank Christ he let them get eaten alive every other way then.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Has to be a reason why the entire secondary was completely rebuilt.

Needing an infusion of talent doesn’t mean you need need to try to reinvent how the game is played. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

The browns have no returning player coming back in the position or spot on the depth chart that they were at last year.

Are you trying to use the fact the coaching staff played guys out of position last season as a positive?  

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Some returning players but they are no longer starters or they are now deeper on the depth chart. 

Because it only took 20 weeks of football for things obvious to casual fans to become apparent to the coaching staff.

Archived